Amazon Mturk.

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by kitchencatlover • Sep 4, 2014.

1. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    Anyone on here use mturk as a way of making money? I have a few questions.. How much do you generally make in a given month. I've only been kinda doing it a month and I have made almost 20 dollars so I'm not sure if it's just because I'm new or what. And has anyone had problems verifying their bank account through online banking link?

2. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I've been a user of Mturk for quite sometime now. Since I'm from the Philippines, I can only get my earnings by applying them to my Amazon account. This means my earnings are usually converted into gift cards. As to the amount I earn on a monthly basis, it depends. Sometimes I make three figures. But most of the time it's under 100 dollars.

3. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    Thank you for responding!! I would be happy just making 100 dollars. I think that's pretty great.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It really depends on the kinds of tasks you pick up.

It can be a great way to make a little extra cash. The longer you do it, the more you'll get familiar with the tasks that pay better or that you're super fast at doing. You'll make more money by choosing those tasks first.

5. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I had a really unpleasant experience, but it was because of my own negligence. I received emails asking me to authenticate my account and I thought I did. It went on for a couple of weeks until I finally tried to sort it out and verify whatever I had to. As soon as I logged on I tried going through the process. Unfortunately, I was not able to do so. I emailed their services and they told me that there was nothing to be done about it. I had missed my deadline and now I have no way of cashing anything out. In their email they also said that they will not respond to any further emails about the matter - a bit harsh I suppose. I did not invest a lot of time, so it was not all that bad.

6. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    Their customer support is usually really nice so that experience is very unfortunate. Usually the verification process is very quick and I have never heard of anyone having these problems. M-Turk is very hit or miss for me, it all depends if you can find some HITs that are worth doing. Most of these require you to request certifications which only eats up more time. If you can make a smooth work flow based on profitable hits I think MTurk is awesome.

7. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I applied for mturk once but got rejected. They said that mturk does not consider applications from my country, or something of that sort, I dont exactly remember. I did not try applying after that. Although I've heard that it can provide some nice bit of extra money and you can do it in your spare time. Good luck. :)

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I applied for work at Mturk a while ago, but was told that it is only open to residents of the United States. So, it's really interesting for me to hear that you have been working for them for a while, receiving payments via your Amazon account. Is it possible that they had different rules when you started working for Mturk?

9. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Yea I am a bit stunned to that they accepted someone from the Philippines to work for them. They usually only hire US based workers although they don't out right say it. Anyway like Jake, the verification process was really a pain in the ass and they kept asking for faxed documentation. Seriously who uses faxes? How is that more legit than a digital photograph of my passport or license? Anyway in 2 days I made 8 bucks tilll they suspended my account pending document verification. I sent them a passport, then they asked for more official documents . Errrr what is more official than a passport. Anyway I got sick of them repeating the same nonsense and eventually just moved on.

10. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried Mturk before, I never really got too far with it. After I got my first $100 I never came back. But I think it all depends on the tasks, some tasks pay more some pay less, the simpler the task the lower the payment. I once transcribed an hour long audio file for $35.

11. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    I applied to mturk but they didn't accept me :( They didn't say why so I'm kinda sad about it. I feel it's probably because I'm not from America though. It's a pity because I'm having trouble finding similar jobs that actually pay a decent amount. Does anyone know of similar programs? The ones I know of pay very little.

12. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of Mturk either, but now I think I will have to check them out. I am definitely looking for more opportunities to earn extra money, but I do not want to do a ton of work for pennies.

13. acnxtj

acnxtjNew Member

Threads:
    How did you get into MTurk if you're in the philippines? As far as I know MTurk only accepts people from US and India

14. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I applied to mTurk a few weeks ago and was rejected. It doesn't say why I was rejected, but I'm guessing even though they list "international" as an option on their website, they don't accept Canadians.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am registered with Mturk, but I have not actually done any work on the site. I looked into some forums concerning Mturk that may help a person make more money, it was a little confusing to me when I tried to work on the site. I will give the site another try and hope I can make some money on it.

16. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    They don't say it OUTRIGHT but they prefer US residents working for them versus international. Even Canadians I know that have applied have been rejected. They should be more forthcoming and just say NO international customers. Instead they make people outside the US go through a whole process, get their hopes us and then email them a no. It is frustrating.

17. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    I also got rejected from mturk without a reason but after looking around and reading different posts I assume it is because I'm non US. It is annoying that they don't make that clear beforehand as it would have saved some time. It seems like a great way to make money online otherwise.

18. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually make under $100 a month, making around $2 a day. Sometimes I earn more, like $5 or $10 if there are good hits that day. Sites like r/hitsworthturking for and turkalert are helpful. I still could be making more, but I need better methods of keeping track of hits and requesters myself. I'm also not all that motivated to the enough of the surveys they have.

19. Michael Allan Juan

Michael Allan JuanNew Member

Threads:
    I am very interested to join in AMAZON to MAKE MONEY...HOW TO REGISTER?

20. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I've heard of MTurk.com and visited their site and wasn't impressed with the amount you can make working like .03 so I just left and never went back. I didn't know that you can make $5 - $10 a day at Mturk.com! I'm going back to check it out again! Thanks!!!:)