Amazon or eBay?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by nuka cola • Jul 2, 2014.

1. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    What's your favorite online marketplace? Is it eBay, Amazon, or maybe some other site?

I myself like Amazon the best, they have great shipping speeds and a lot of items.​

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon wins me over. They have a huge selection of items and tends to have great sales. I also like the free shipping with orders over $35. I never order less then $100 so that's not a problem. I have a $1,000 plus order that I'll be placing for Christmas in the next couple of months.

3. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that Amazon is the best. I have had a few issues with eBay. One time I tried to buy an item for quite a large sum of money and the seller never sent me the item and I wasn't able to get my money back. Amazon has never given me any issues. So I believe it is a reputable source. So the first place and I go to for good bargains will good deals is Amazon. If I don't find it on Amazon I will look to other reputable sources online. I feel that my last experience with eBay was just too painful for me and so getting back onto it will be hard and daunting task for me.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is that of Ebay I love to shop on Ebay. I have been shopping on Ebay for over 7 years and I have purchased many items and sold many items and at great prices. I can say that you can find anything in the world that one ever could want. I recently purchased some bluetooth sport earphones which cost 79.00 at ATT and I only paid 19.00 for them great buy.

5. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I am definitely loyal to Amazon. I've only used ebay a handful of times and was never impressed. I've also heard too many horror stories since then to consider going back. I like Amazon because they sell everything from high-end quality items all the way down to tissues for $1.00. If its high-end, its guaranteed to be real and good quality. I see too many counterfeit items on ebay. I also like Amazon is their own company. They sell a lot of their own products BUT they also help out consumers by allowing them to sell with them. Amazon's customer service could not be better. They have upgraded my shipping several times just because I've asked and they always treat me very politely. Amazon is top-notch in my book. There is definitely a reason nobody ever complains about them. Other companies should take notes.

6. Broadleaf

BroadleafMember

Threads:
    I prefer amazon.com because of it's ease of use and because I can make amazon giftcards fairly easily a week. My experience with ebay and their customer support has been terrible. Perhaps I ate a bad apple, but because of my experience I greatly prefer amazon, even if ebay is cheaper.

7. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love both platforms but Amazon will win this contest. I have to give Amazon props because this company is constantly evolving and having something new available on their site every month. It's amazing how much they have change since I first started shopping on the site in 2006. This is an online model that sets the standard in terms of retail presence and marketing ideas to draw in new customers. I notice eBay is trying to compete but they would be better off remaining an auction site and stop trying to challenge Amazon.

8. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Both have advantages and disadvantages though. I personally like eBay to buy cheaper products however scamers are usually there. If filing a dispute can be done easily in a single click, I might have done it. But I just let them have few cash, for maybe it could help them survive.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to free shipping, Ebay is my favorite online store, and I noticed that you can purchase items a lot less lower if it's up for auction. Amazon always has a fixed price, so unless the item is on sale, you are obliged to purchase it at it's regular price.

10. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    That depends. Amazon is good for some new things but nothing beats ebay when it comes to finding used items or discontinued items. Also on eBay there's plenty of sellers using USPS, which is the cheapest shipping method for PR and the one I prefer (you don't have to be home to get the package). Amazon uses UPS which is not my favorite. I even prefer some other online stores to Amazon since they use my preferred shipping. Overall I use eBay the most, and other stores, only buying on Amazon when it's the cheapest or only option.

11. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I need. If I am looking for a collectible or something that was discontinued, then eBay is the way to go. I also get very good deals on clothing on eBay and many sellers now offer free shipping. But, if I am looking for something brand new that no local store near me carries, then I go to Amazon. I have Amazon Prime so I always save on shipping.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never tried Amazon, but I'm already very much used to eBay so I don't feel too much need for an alternative. At this point, I already have good relationships with a lot of the sellers there that I can trust with my payments and purchases, so I usually just come back to them as much as possible unless I need some new product that they don't carry in their store.