Amazon or Ebay??

Discussion in Online Shopping started by chlv • Dec 8, 2012.

1. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    This year I plan to do a large majority of my Christmas shopping online. What has better prices and selection - Amazon or eBay? Which do you prefer and why? I have shopped on Amazon a number of times, but not on eBay. I'm looking for something that will get me some amazing prices, no-hassle shipping and options for free shipping. Thanks in advance!

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Well, amazon is good because of their shipping and return policies. However, ebay has a lot more 'gently used' items that can be found for cheap. I use both and always check both before purchasing.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Most Amazon items don't ship to my country and they don't accept PayPal, so I prefer eBay. I've never been scammed (knock on wood) and I've found some great sellers (and their stores) thanks to eBay, so every time I need to look for something branded or something I can't get anywhere else, I go on eBay.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Amazon over eBay. Years ago, I used eBay over Amazon. As a buyer, I haven't been burned by eBay, but my overall shopping experience is better on Amazon. Plus I get great deals on shipping cost on Amazon. Sometimes the shipping fees on eBay are outrageous. There are stills deals to be had on eBay.

5. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I prefer Amazon over Ebay. I've had a bad user experience on Ebay very long ago. But I'll give the benefit of the doubt since that was many years ago. But Amazon is just an overall better site and experience anyway.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it all depends on what you are looking for a lot of the time amazon has things that ebay doesn't but a lot of the times ebay is cheaper than amazon because amazon's shipping prices. And ebay almost always has free shipping i did half and half this year do to some sites i am member of i got 112 worth in gifts from amazon for free and than i got some great nfl things from ebay for about 10 bucks with free shipping.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Amazon has a better credibility over Ebay, because the sellers at Amazon are real shops, unlike in Ebay where it is usually dominated by freelance individual sellers. But it really depends on what you are looking for, because even if you prefer one store over the other, if your preferred store doesn't have it, then you have no choice but to buy to other stores.

8. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    To be honest, Amazon is much more trusted than eBay. And also, when you're ordering on eBay, you must look at where the item is coming from. Sometimes, it may be coming from a country that produces cheap goods or fake goods.

9. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    Amazon is better than ebay

10. vel62

vel62New Member

Threads:
    I use Amazon almost exclusively , I have a prime membership and Love Love Love it. Ebay sellers tend to charge to much for shipping and handling for my taste.

11. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I was a massive fan of Ebay, but over the past year half of the things I have won on that site have not arrived, I don't know if I am dealing with thieves or if I am just unlucky, since switching to Amazon EVERYTHING I have ordered from that site has arrived.

12. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    I have never bought anything using Ebay. I've used Amazon many times to purchase books and school supplies because I can find everything for a very decent price on amazon, but ebay seems to be more sketchy.

13. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon over ebay definitely. Its much more reliable even though ebay has better deals. Plus, their shipping is much faster and you have to worry about getting ripped off a little less.

14. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon is great if you plan on spending over $35 and want free shipping. The shipping will always come under five days no matter what. With eBay shipping cost can vary and some consider not as reliable as amazon. It all depends on your preference and comfort level.

15. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what you want. I prefer Amazon but I've shopped at ebay too.

16. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I love Amazon. Their free shipping is fast and the things I order always come with neatly package.
    If I find the item I want on ebay and is considerably cheaper than Amazon, then I'd but it on ebay.

17. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I think I would always prefer eBay over Amazon any day. I mean why wouldn't I ? You can always get lower prices when using eBay, as to using Amazon. The only thing I dislike about eBay is the shipping prices. Other than that, I have been nothing but satisfied with eBay up until now.

18. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Amazon. Half the items I ever ordered from eBay, I never received. I never got my money back either and the customer service is horrible.

But I have always gotten everything I ordered from Amazon and I shop there often. Amazon's customer service is also really helpful and friendly.

19. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I prefer Amazon over Ebay because its easier to navigate and find exactly what you're looking for. Secondly, I'm not a big fan of PayPal and Ebay really likes PayPal...

20. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Based on what you are wanting. I would go with ebay they offer free shipping and they have great prices I did all my Christmas shopping last year between the two more so ebay I just got things I couldn't find on ebay from amazon but the rest from ebay because they offer free shipping and amazon doesn't.