Amazon Payment

Discussion in Payment Methods started by brutal37138 • Dec 15, 2013.

1. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I am new to online payment forms and while I've known about Paypal for years, I've always been leery of them. Amazon apparently really dislikes PayPal because they have created their own payments system, found here:

Has anyone used Amazon's services? What do they offer that PayPal doesn't? Do you think they will become a big player in online banking, as PayPal has?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Just sounds like a rebranded Paypal.

I like the idea because it means that we will be able to keep Amazon transactions completely within Amazon. It may help with extra buyer and seller protection. Due to the fact Amazon are offering it, I can see it getting pretty big pretty quick. It would take a good few years to compete with paypal though.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The problem with eBay is that you "can" use other payment processors. They just don't approve them or do not give you any instructions on how you can. The monopolized the game to some degree and Amazon wants to take over a share.

I can't see Amazon Payments become anything big.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I have used the Amazon Payment process before. and I actually didn't know until a week ago that pay pal and them are competitors. I love pay pal cause today everyone is using it and it so convenient. Amazon has limited things that you can do with there account. They like to keep all of there process in house or shall I say just strictly with there account. You can only transfer money to someone who has a amazon account with amazon payment. verse pay pal you can use it for multiple things with no problem.

5. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    Right now I am busting my head against the wall over Amazon payments. My boyfriend (at the time) had me make a purchase for him using his credit card. About a week later it was stolen and he reported it. For some reason, the credit card did some kind of charge back to Amazon, who did it to me. My account is locked, and I can not use their services until I pay for it.... I have been trying to get them to work with me, but they won't. Even if my x were to call, I would still have to pay. Since my x, is my x, and not happy with me. I will have to suck this up and pay for it. Not happy with Amazon at all.

6. dafriend

dafriendNew Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I am not a fan of PP and for amazon, and wherever else it is accepted, I use my paysafecard - I personally find that the easiest and quickest way to pay...
    never tried amazons own method...