Amazon Prime

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vpresson • Sep 2, 2015.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have recently signed up for Amazon Prime. It's 99 a year. But for that 99 a year you get tv shows and movies that you can watch online on your computer or on an xbox or internet capable tv. Also, you get unlimited music that you can add your mp3, phone or computer. Plus, you get FREE two day shipping on just about everything on Amazon which can save you a lot of money. I usually shop on amazon between every 4 days to once a week. I get most of my kids clothing, toys and books their i also get things for myself and husband. I had ordered 2 outfits each for my children, two books each and two toys and only paid 30 bucks! And free shipping so i had everything i had ordered in 2 days! Had i gone to Walmart or target and gotten 2 outfits, 2 books and 2 toys i would of easily paid about 50 bucks or more! So i saved money not only on the items but gas as well since i didn't have to leave my home to order. Also with prime you get deals on faster shipping like next day shipping. And if you pick a lower shipping you get credit to your amazon account. Has anyone else joined Amazon Prime? If so, is there anything you dislike about it? I have yet to find anything i dislike about it. So far it's been great! I love how i can place an order and know it'll be at my door step within two days! If you ask me it is very well worth it! Cause in the end you end up saving a lot of money.

2. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    Yes! Amazon Prime is great. I may sound like a zealous advertiser, but that's only because Amazon Prime is one of the few services that is well worth the price and more. It's silly to pay upwards to $40 for shipping, when you could get free shipping in fast orders. In addition, the extra streaming perks are a huge plus.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I've been very happy with Amazon Prime. I was able to get it at a student discount, but I fully intend to renew the subscription even when I don't get the discount. I have definitely gotten my money's worth on shipping as well as streaming.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have OBVIOUSLY, and I do mean OBVIOUSLY, covered Amazon Prime in dozens of threads on this forum, and literally everyone knows what the program is and what it's all about. At $99, it's one of the smartest memberships you can have if you do a lot of online shopping. The extras thrown in with Amazon Prime are more than valuable enough for many people, and the introduction of Same-Day shipping is an added convenience for every single user.

5. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    @joshc428@joshc428 I one hundred percent agree with you! It is def worth the cost. And yeah I much rather pay 99 a year to get free shipping and more than paying 30 or 40 bucks every time I order something.

@ReadWriteLearnLove@ReadWriteLearnLove Yeah, I heard in the beginning they had special discounts on Amazon Prime for students but I don't think they do that anymore. But either way discount or not it is still worth the price for all the perks!

#5Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I’m a big fan of Amazon prime. I purchased it and it was $50. I order all my textbooks for school off of it. I get 2 day shipping and the prices are a lot cheaper than if I were to buy them elsewhere. I watch videos and shows on it too. However, probably wouldn’t have bought it just to watch television on it. I really use it a lot around the holidays to get all my Christmas presents. So for me it’s worth the price.

7. Trisha Wagner

Trisha WagnerNew Member

Threads:
    I had prime for a bit but for me it didn't seem worth it. I am glad that it was for you though. I think my problem was I purchased it when I wasn't buying a lot of stuff.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's only worth it if you use it on a regular basis. I had it and only used if a few times because I didn't need anything and the things I did want to buy weren't covered by Amazon Prime's shipping.

The small print is fine, but I found nearly all the things I wanted to buy were excluded in delivery, Of course I looked at the ones eligible for Prime shipping, and it was still more expensive than the other options, so it didn't work for me. If you have a family and you can all share it, then that can work out well and be worth it.

9. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    I've been a Prime member for a few years now and absolutely love it. I have been spoiled by Prime because I am now used to my items shipping same day or next day and arriving on my doorstep two days later. LOL. I recently ordered from a place that wasn't through Amazon and they took like four days to ship my stuff! I had to keep reminding myself that this was perfectly normal and 4 days is actually pretty decent in the normal world. LOL.