Amazon Same Day Shipping

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ReadWriteLearnLove • Mar 27, 2015.

1. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon just announced, yesterday, that same day shipping will be available to Prime Now members in select Dallas area zip codes. From what I understand, with a Prime membership and $7.99, you can get your purchase in an hour! If you can wait 2 hours, shipping is still free (so long as you have the Prime membership). I think it's a great idea and I'm interested to see how it works; now to just wait until they expand to my zip code!

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Love it! This would actually make Prime worthwhile to me if I could get same day delivery like that. If it's successful, I bet they'll gain more Prime business this way.

3. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    Im way out of the area, but how long does shipping take normally in that area? You mentioned you need Prime and $7.99 but how much is same day shipping normally if you DON'T have Prime?

I got Prime when they had a deal on it and I love it. The items don't take that long.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

Threads:
    I don't know if it's currently available to people who don't have Prime, I think it's considered one of the perks. I have prime and usually get my orders either next day or, at the latest, in 2 days. There is a big distribution center for amazon in the center of the zip codes currently offered the same day shipping, so I'm sure the location of the center plays a vital role in what areas get the same day shipping.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they can only be confident in offering this service as the catchement area has a warehouse in the middle of it. I cannot see how this would work otherwise. It's a great idea for those who are able to take advantage of it and the delivery cost isn't too extortionate either.

6. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    This is the same as Amazon delivering groceries. Amazon is a Seattle, Washington based company. They will deliver fresh veggies, milk, etc to people who live within their qualifying zone. I assume anyplace within a certain distance from a distribution center will eventually have same day shipping. What a neat concept!

7. ReadWriteLearnLove

Threads:
    I would love to take advantage of a grocery delivery service; hopefully if the same-day shipping service is successful in this area Amazon will consider expanding their grocery service here too.

8. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    That's very cool. I love my prime member ship for the free two day shipping and low next-day shipping but same day would be even cooler. I might never go to a store again if I were living within one of those zones. I hate shopping in person.

9. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I think it sounds like a pretty good deal. I use Amazon but not enough that it'd actually be worth it to me to subscribe to this. But for folks who use Amazon frequently I think its a service definitely worth looking into.

10. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    Speaking of Amazon shipping, has anyone taken advantage of their drone delivery system? Or is this what they use for the same day delivery that's been mentioned?

11. ReadWriteLearnLove

Threads:
    I thought the drone shipping was stopped almost as soon as it started? Honestly, I haven't really kept up with the news of it. I tried to do a quick google search before posting to see if I could find anything, but most articles that popped up were from 2013.