Amazon Vine, Review Amazon Products

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Happyflowerlady • Feb 10, 2015.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon has user reviews for almost all of their products. You have probably seen the reviews if you shop on Amazon, and after each review, it asks of this review was helpful or not.
    it turns out that Amazon has a program for reviewers, called Amazon Vine.
    When you write reviews, and people say that the review was helpful, you get rated by Amazon, and they invite high-rated reviewers to join Vine.
    When you are a Vine Voice reviewer, Amazon will send you products and books to test and write a review about. The products may be fairly cheap, or they may be expensive. I read that one person said they tested out a $1000 bicycle.
    All you have to do to be invited to join Vine Voice, is to write some good Amazon reviews.

2. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds like a cool program! I've never heard of this particular program, but it seems like it would be fun to try. Does anyone know how long it takes to get rated once you post reviews? That's the only downside I can see, is that it could take awhile to even get noticed. I'm curious if they let you know your rating even if it's not high enough to be invited to join the Vine program.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am just hearing about this new service that Amazon has available. I have seen the reviews on the site and appreciate them. It is nice to know there are real people doing the review of products. I read a review on a product that was not so good and kept me from purchasing a product that I would have returned in the long run.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of this program before and I am someone who has been active out on Amazon. I have also been asked at times to answer questions from other buyers about a product that I had bought in the past. But I have never been invited into Amazon Vine as a reviewer. I think this is a good idea on Amazon because as many of us know not all the reviews there that are open to public are actually authentic. I think this is Amazon'a way of getting some of the more respectable reviewers out of the crowd and place them somewhere that their trusted reviews can be seen. Good idea on behalf of Amazon.