Amtrak Coupons

Discussion in Travel started by steph84 • May 12, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    So I thought I would start up this thread because I am desperately seeking Amtrak coupons. My boyfriend lives three hours away and the easiest and fastest way to get there is by Amtrak. It is certainly not the cheapest mode of transportation, but I know if I could get my hands on some online codes I would definitely take it more often. Does anyone know if they offer discounts?:confused:

2. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    The only promo code I am aware of is the one for students: Students Save 15% and Earn Amtrak Guest Rewards Points

Student Advantage Cardholders are eligible to receive a 15% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains to any destination and earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points to be used for FREE travel.

You can also earn Bonus Amtrak Guest Rewards Points when you become a Student Advantage Cardholder. When you enroll in Amtrak Guest Rewards you are eligible for 1,000 bonus enrollment points upon completion of your first round-trip on Amtrak.

Go to studentadvantage.com to purchase your Card and learn about the more than 15,000 discounts nationwide and around your campus.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks so much for this tip GrandmaHugme! I had no idea. My boyfriend is in college so he will be able to purchase the student advantage card. I have heard of this card when I was in college, but had no idea that the savings would apply to Amtrak. Great deal!

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Oh GrandmaHugme, do they have discounts for senior citizens also? I see that you said they have discounts for students and that's good to know. I would like to travel by Amtrak and I want to know if they have that Great American Trip, whereas you travel the entire US and back.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Seniors citizens can receive a 15% discount on the lowest available faire according to the information posted on the Amtrak website. I would like to travel by train also, will be looking into this myself.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Amtrak seems to be very specific with who they give discounts to and under which conditions that they do. I would advise all of you to join their Rewards programs so you can at least get some points for the travel that you actually do. I haven't seen where the points expire, but it could help you along the way down the road when you're looking for some savings.

I wish I had done so from the beginning of my travel with them, but I didn't realize how much I'd be catching the train, so I missed out on a few trips that could be helping me now.