Amy's Kitchen Food Recall

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Theo • Mar 26, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was surprised to hear Amy's recall some of their products, but I have since found out it was a precaution. Apparently one of their suppliers had a reported listeria outbreak linked to the organic spinach used and the recall was because of that.

As much as we like to think organic is better, it indicates that like all things in nature, it has vulnerable spots. I don't like pesticides, but if they aren't used, then animals will eat all the vegetables and there would be little available in the stores leading to food shortages.

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad they're willing to risk profit loss for the sake of customer safety. It's tough to forget a companies item was recalled for serious health concerns when you're in the grocery store deciding whether to pick one up.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The companies that are willing to do precautionary recalls are usually some of the best companies. They'll put their potential customers ahead of profits, and that's always a good thing. However, I'm sure the recall didn't impact the bottom line that much, and it made too much sense to not do the recall.