Android vs. iOS

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Acronix • Sep 6, 2012.

1. Acronix

AcronixNew Member

Threads:
    I was wondering which is better between the iOS and Android when it comes to apps, features, and security. I believe that devices which are using iOS are more expensive than its Android counterpart. I am quite familiar with Android but not with iOS so I would appreciate any comments regarding these two mobile OS based on your own experiences. I am thinking of buying an iPhone in the near future because I already have an Android tablet and I just want to make sure that I'm making the right choice.

2. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I don't actually spot the difference between the two. My girl has ipad and i have samsung android but it feels lie the same except their market or store. But the prices differ.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I believe that each of the systems have pros and cons against the other. I prefer Android because it is the system that I have more experience. The multimedia experience is broader, and you have constant updates. Price is also a factor. And although the quality of Apple is not discussed, Google has managed to face the opponent with enough dignity. The release of the Samsung Galaxy S III, proved that an Android phone can be robust, elegant and functional at the same time as never before even crossing the line between smartphone and tablet. This is a constant competition, and the two companies try to improve every day. In this case, the best choice is one that suits your needs.

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    iOS has definitely better apps, for now - at least when it comes to entertainment. The security, not so much. There was a lot of controversy about the way Apple handles security, with many horror stories of all data forever lost, phones being secretly tracked, etc. On Android, that seems not to be the case, since if any "secret" tracking feature was indeed there, it would be probably hacked out by now. Then there is the obvious thing of Android being open-source, so you can modify your system the way you want, which you can't on a locked-down iOS..

So, depends on what you are going to do with the phone, and how "paranoid", or, concerned about tracking you are. :)

5. CuriousJ

CuriousJNew Member

Threads:
    The thing with apps is that any app that is available exclusively for iOS is bound to be ported to Android at some point, except for maybe apps designed by Apple themselves or devs that have agreed to keep their apps exclusive to iOS.

The reason is that Android has a much greater market share than iOS (52.2% and 33.4% respectively), so devs will want to capitalize on this by either porting apps from iOS to Android or by designing similar apps for Android.

As for features, Android definitely wins here. iOS doesn't provide the firmware modding capability to nearly the same extent as Android.

I haven't heard of nor experienced security issues with neither iOS nor Android to be honest, so I'd say they're both relatively safe.

6. BarryLejieg

BarryLejiegNew Member

Threads:
    For everyday usage I don't think there is a big difference anyway. Most of the popular apps are available for iOS and for Android. However, I think that the main difference between the two is the class and the functionality.

The iOS its much better looking and more elegant. Android in the other hand, has many releases but I don't think that any of them comes near the brilliant design of the graphical user interface of The iOS.

But the functionality, I think it is much more expressed in the Android. It has many more features than the iOS, it is much more customizable and for an experienced user, the Android it's really the best choice.

7. Drainbamaged

DrainbamagedNew Member

Threads:
    I dont think that Android is better or apple is better. Each one has its pros and cons. The iphone is super responsive, I never get unresponsive apps like i do on the Android devices(which gets pretty annoying with all those force quits). That being said Android is much better with customizing your device to you preference. So it all comes down to what the consumer feels is more important to their day-to-day use with their phone.