Anime Anyone?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Miaka_M • Mar 28, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    (Note: I'm not exactly sure where this topic would go)

I'm one of those people in the world who enjoy a good anime, I haven't actually watched any recently because life happened, but I enjoy the few classics out there. I've seen a couple of the Cardcaptors dvds on eBay and I am interested in purchasing them. The one from Malaysia specifically; it says that it's not a bootleg but then again I'm undecided. Can I trust these dvds? I've seen some amazing reviews of them, and then a few bad ones.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have watched some anime's before like Dragon Ball Z, Yuyu Hakusho and Fushigi Yugi, but I was only in my kids/teens that time. As I got older, I lost all interest in cartoons, so I have never watched them again, until recently where I have been searching some uploaded anime on Youtube.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd recommend just weighing the negative comments against the positive ones. Often, you can find enough context clues to make a good enough decision. For example, the negative comments might mostly pertain to other types of products that the seller sells, and if the positive comments pertain mostly to their DVDs hen I'd personally be more comfortable with buying from them. I'd more likely choose someone who has 100% feedback as a first choice, but if left without much other options then I'd probably be okay with a seller that just has some negative feedback.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're worried about bootleg DVD's, Amazon has some legitimate Cardcaptor Sakura DVD's. I wouldn't trust a seller from Malaysia to have authentic Japanese merchandise.
    I once ordered a Japanese photo book of a Japanese rock star from Malaysia and it was a fake product made in China.

5. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    My son loves to watch Anime. I would never purchase anything off the internet in this category though. There are too many things that could go wrong. I think it would be safest to find a reputable company and go from there. If your gut says back off from purchasing the products, trust your gut. My momma always said if something sounds too good to be true, don't rely on it!