Anti-virus software for Android

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by fruii29 • Jan 2, 2014.

1. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I am currently searching for a anti-virus software that is compatible to android phones and is free. I downloaded Dr. Webb and Lockout. But it will not do the trick. I am still faced with security issues and software issu itself.

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What are your issues with your device and why doesn't your anti virus suffice? Maybe you should try avast anti virus. It's pretty reliable and it's free too.

However, I personally don't think that Android devices are susceptible to security lapses.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    What is the issue do you have with your smartphone? Does the issue actually freeze your phone a lot or are you afraid that your data will get stolen or being watched or something? I have found that anti-virus software is quite unnecessary for Android devices because unless you surf some websites that are inappropriate, otherwise, your phone will be find with all the data because the software won't help you much. You're able to secure your data if they don't sync through the online system.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use kaspersky on my phone. The major issue with this was that it used to really be in my face and was kind of invasive so for me would ruin my user interaction with the phone. I took it out and I really noticed any difference. My phone has been kind of smooth and everything has worked really well without an antivirus. I guess i am better equipped to take care of my phone