Any advice on new point and shoot cameras?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Kate0525 • Jul 28, 2012.

1. Kate0525

Kate0525New Member

Threads:
    I have not been paying attention to point and shoot camera news for a long time. I'm looking in the $100-200 range and want something high quality (obviously) and that has a lot of features that I can use to get some great shots. I'm sure most cameras have pretty much all the same options these days, but I'm wondering what brands/models are the best these days. Thanks!

2. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to any sort of camera, I suggest opting for a Canon. I have an Olympus, which does the job well, especially for the profession I'm in, but it takes terrible lowlight shots. There's a new camera on the market that has the functions of a DSLR, but is the body of a point and shoot: Canon EOS M.

Good luck! Oh, and when you look for cameras, your best option is Amazon.

3. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    I have a Sony Cybershot and it works just fine for me since I'm not a professional - I just want to take decent pictures of my products for my online store. I'm planning on purchasing another one for Thanksgiving - a micro 4/3 this time. I want an Olympus micro4/3 because I think it's as user-friendly as a point-and-shoot camera but takes really good shots.

4. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    For quality photos, as you have mentioned, I would suggest the Canon Brand. To be more Specific, Buy the CANON POWERSHOT ELPH 300 HS. It might not be the most expensive but certainly the one with the best combination of rating factors such as Image Quality, Design and Battery life. Its price is also ranging from what you proposed at about $190. I hope this helps.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Well it's not in the $100 - $200 range, but Canon has their s95 and s100 models which are really amazing cameras. They've been a huge hit with professional photographers because they pack a ton of manual features into it, and the sensor in them is larger - producing much higher quality images than you would typically get from a point and shoot. They're cameras that would last you a long time, so it's worth the investment.