Any Anne Rice fans here?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by maryannballeras • Nov 19, 2014.

1. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    Ever since I've read Interview with the Vampire, I've been a huge fan of Anne Rice. I saw vampires as elegant and sophisticated creatures because of her writings. I know that there are a lot of Vampire novels out there but in my opinion, Anne Rice's works are still the best and I don't think any other author could top it. Is there any other Anne Rice fans out there?

2. Monkey

MonkeyNew Member

Threads:
    Urgh. NO. I don't care what her writing is like these days, she's a deeply unpleasant person who sics her fans on book reviewers. She openly supports a hate site notorious for doxxing reviewers they don't like. She didn't see anything wrong with Kathleen Hale stalking a reviewer to their home.

From a cultural point of view, she is tremendously significant. Whatever your personal opinion of it, Interview with the Vampire is a really important book. It's weird to think it's even older than I am!

But, the day she decided she didn't need an editor any more was a bad one - everybody needs an editor.

So, great imagination, great world building, a downhill progression since her debut, but I have made an active decision not to buy or promote her work due to her unpleasant online behaviour.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I couldn't care less about her online behaviour; I don't spend my time that way, so I wouldn't know. It's her work that matters and I used to love it. I read all of her books books in the late 90s I think and I fell in love with vampires all over again. I used to love Dracula when I was a child and she made me fall head over heels for Lestat and Louis. They were beautiful lol. Her writing was amazing to me at the time, but it sort of started to dwindle as the books ran on if I remember correctly. She certainly has an interesting mind though ;)

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've read most of the books in the Vampire Chronicles series. Interview with the Vampire was the first book that hooked me to Anne Rice and her literary masterpieces. The Body Thief, The Vampire Armand, The Vampire Lestat, Taltos and The Violin followed suit. Her vampire characters are not only gorgeous and enigmatic, they also possess intelligence and a degree of humanity. The first VC anti-hero, Louis de Pointe du Lac, the deeply thoughtful and ever so silent Louis, is definitely my favorite.