Any Fiverr Users?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Teens In Crisis • Oct 29, 2014.

1. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    Any Fiverr sellers out there?

I've been doing it for about a year now, and business has really started to pick up. Anyone else have success using

or alternative sites? I think that it's a great little tool to add some much needed income. For the last 3 months I've been making almost full-time job money.

2. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I have visited fiverr so many times, but I don't think its for me. I don't know of any of my talent that I can sell. LOL. I was thinking of selling there, but seeing the whole concept, I think it fiverr is not the right platform for me.

3. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    I have been on the fiverr site a few times. I think that it is neat and a great way to earn extra income. I really wanna join but dont have an idea that I think would be good enough to sell. I continue to try to come up with a good idea once that happens I will be joining. But I think that is awesome how good it works for you.

4. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I've only just signed up for it and have put one "gig" for consideration. I'm still having to get used to navigating myself around the site and working out how best to monetize on it. At the same time, I'm also trying to make sure that I don't put up any jobs that requires far too much work for the amount of income in response. That's my biggest issue at the moment - making sure I get a decent enough return on my effort. But until I start getting jobs I won't even know : )

5. billynavarro

billynavarroNew Member

Threads:
    If you have creativity, you can succeed

6. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I posted a task on Fiverr. It was not very creative though. I offered to do assignments for kids K-12 (i.e write essays or do math homework). But there were already so many people offering the same thing. And I don't want a kid to skip out on an assignment and then when it is time to take an exam they draw blank because there homework was done for them.

7. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    To make money on Fiverr, it takes some real creative ingenuity. You have to differentiate yourself and offer a task that few others do and also be satisfied with the $5 compensation. So it cannot be hugely time consuming either. Creative and can be done in a short amount of time. If you can think of something to offer with that in mind you can make good money on the site.

8. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I was up on fiverr but I didn't really know what to offer that would sell quickly. It's hilarious some of the things that people are already selling for $5. People have been buying rap songs, short messages in the froth of a cappuccino cup, Facebook timeline page image, fortune cookie quotes collection and even targeted media list! I figured it would only take some time and the right amount of packaging before making a regular sale.

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tried Fiverr once a few years ago, I put one task on there, and got no takers. So, I decided the website wasn't for me. Now I am looking at it again thanks to someone I know who is considering using it. I now think that maybe I didn't market myself well there. Also, I need to have more then one task, yes some can get offers with just one task listed, but I think these are the ones who somehow manage to get themselves to stand out from the crowd so to speak.

10. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I have an account, but I do not get gigs consistently. I have made small money, but not for a while now. I offer writing services, business letters, and proofreading services. To what do you contribute your success? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've tried getting into it but unfortunately I just never got much attention. I don't know if it was a lack of marketing on my part or if ere was just too much competition or maybe my gig just wasn't appealing enough. Nonetheless I do use Fiverr as a consumer and I love it since the things I get there are so unique and creative and they don't cost much.

12. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have an account with Fiverr. I registered because I want to avail of this caricature image service that I wanted to give to my bestfriend as a wedding gift. As a buyer, I was really satisfied with the service. On the other hand, I have no experience selling something at Fiverr. I have an idea on what to sell (marketing service) but the site is full of competition. :)

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too have a Fiverr account, I think I've had it about 5 months. But most people here, I really don't know how to drive sales for my four gigs because I'm not getting offers! I've had one legitimate and successful gig that went extremely smoothly, but there's also been to weird requests. IDK, they just seemed like pranks! I know people really go to town to market themselves, but I don't know what they actually do! Care to share some tips?

14. Lexus1

Lexus1New Member

Threads:
    I never heard of Fiverr and plan to check it out yet tonight. I have been browsing the internet high and low to find some type of work at home position in the customer service area. I have a brand new computer that is awesome and my internet provider is awesome so I have no problems with upload/download speeds. I know there are companies that recruit for clients but is there any company that cuts out the middleman and just hires? I think I already told the story of Convergy's on here...and I am not knocking them for what they do, but I would rather work for the person I am actually doing the work for! Anyway, I am going to check out that Fiverr and I love reading all of these posts. The posts have already given me so much information that I didn't know was even out there and that is AWESOME!! :)

15. Peter Hubinsky

Peter HubinskyNew Member

Threads:
    I investigated the micro gig several years ago, and I joined five different micro gig sites including fiverr. Fiber is one of the better ones. I did not have a lot of success when I joined the micro gig sites, and did not know how to properly market myself on them. I think if you were writing short articles of 300 to 500 words, and you knew about the subject matter and were an expert, and you used speech recognition software equipment, you could write short articles in less than 10 minutes. That would be about $30 an hour, which would make it profitable enterprise.