Any free Photo Editing Software with Artistic frames and borders please?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Jatelo2 • Dec 22, 2012.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I'm contemplating getting into photography albeit at a lower scale. I was asking if there is a free software out there with wonderful frames and borders to give quality finishing to the digital photos i.e before printing them.

I've already tried Irfanview and Photoscape but their frames and borders aren't as catchy as those in the commercial software.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I would say GIMP has a lot of filters and frames and could also be good in editing your photo. You could make it sharper and brighter and there are a lot of other effects too. I am not just sure if this is the kind of program you are searching for. It works like photoshop by the way and it is free.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are loads of free photo editing programmes you can download online. My brother is a keen photographer and he uses GIMP. He previously paid for Adobe but decided to make the switch to GIMP to save money and he says it is almost as good as Adobe.

4. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I will have to check out gimp! Thank you!!!

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like an online photo editor. You use it right in the browser, Pixlr. It's pretty powerful too.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    If you're looking for something that's free, try GIMP. It's easy to use if you're getting started.

There are also many online editors and also mobile apps (for Android and/or iOS) that are probably more suitable to what you're looking for (frames, preloaded effects, etc.)

7. vest007

vest007Member

Threads:
    Lunapic and editor.pho.to are also good online photo editors. Quite useful when you are on the move and your net connection is not that quick.

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of GIMP and with their new interface it is so much easier to use than when I first downloaded it many years ago. I still have the old version loaded because now I am so used to using it, I may actually struggle with the new one. The new interface is similar to Photoshop and I have heard that a lot of people find it much easier to use because they are more familiar with it.

9. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to have to GIMP a try, I have also been looking for a free and easy photo editing that has some nice extras. I have tried others but they are either too hard, or trials or don't have anything good to fix your pictures with. So I'm giving GIMP a try!:D

10. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

I have never heard of those onlline photo editors are they fairly easy to use. I will give them a try too, I am looking for something that isn't too complicated to use that has some nice extras to add to your photos! Thanks for posting this information.:D

11. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    It appears GIMP is the ultimate freeware for my needs. It is unfortunate most of the freeware only have advanced features in their premium. However, GIMP appears to have the premium features at absolutely free. Thanks for your inputs (help) so far.

12. kareo000

kareo000New Member

Threads:
    Nice information guys...Thanks

13. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Its hard to find free photo editing programs now a days i'd do a google search to see what you can find

14. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have an Android device, you could try Pixlr-O-Matic. It has a lot of filters and borders/frames for your pictures. Right after you capture a photo, you could edit them right away. Also, you could try SnapSpeed, Aviary, and Photo Editor. These photo editors are free to be downloaded at the Google Play Store.

15. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also a fan of GIMP, but you've probably heard enough about that. I think it's the best overall choice.

If you happen to have an iOS device, PhotoWonder does what you're asking. It has a lot of frames, borders and filters too. If I remember correctly, it's free or very cheap. It's quite limited though and meant more as a fun tool, than something for someone into photography.