Any natural remedy for chronic headache?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Jatelo2 • Mar 24, 2014.

1. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    First don't be alarmed by the term chronic in the title, I used it for lack of a better term. Secondly, I'm persuaded this the right sub-forum to start this thread. Well, I have had headache every morning or evening since January this year. The thing is; I work on the computer a lot, then again, I have been doing this for over 3 years now. So, my headache might not be work related. I have also gone to the hospital and what they tell me is to get rest and take some painkillers.

I was wondering if there could be other natural ways to get rid of headache. I cannot not just rest and take painkillers I have to pay bills.. you know.

Thanks in advance for your advice

2. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I get chronic headaches quite often (migraines actually) and honestly the best thing you can do for them is to chug some water, take an NSAID, and a little bit of caffeine. When I combine all three of those I have noticed my migraines actually go away within 20 minutes.

3. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    First of all if you are getting regular headaches and it is affecting your life you should get checked out at hospital. If its not that serious then I should tell you that a high percentage of headaches are caused by dehydration so the first thing to try is drinking a glass of water. You could also try eliminating some foods from your diet for a while to see if they are triggers. Common foods that cause headaches and migraines include cheese, wine and caffeine. There are lots more potential triggers. One of these is stress. Go for a walk and get some fresh air. Overall, drink lots of water, eat a healthy diet and get a bit of exercise now and again. Supplements mainly make promises that they can't keep or prove. Still - see the doc!

4. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I was getting terrible chronic headaches. I tried everything and nothing was working. Then the doctor figured it out. I was not getting enough iodine in my diet. I had cut out salt, and salty products and I guess I went to far. I don't know if this applies to you, but when I added iodine to my diet my headaches went away.

5. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    From what I get here, I need to improve my water intake, limit my use of caffeine (which I use a lot) and rest. I think thus what I'll do. I'll post any changes..

6. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I must admit I wasn't into the business of drinking water. I'd go even a day without taking water. Sadly, I couldn't miss coffee. I think I'll take your view advise.. Rehydrate myself and lower coffee intake.

By the way, I don't remember when I took cheese or related products.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could try ginger. I've heard that it can heal headaches because it works the same way aspirin does. Here's you can do it:

Get yourself a ginger root. Pound it up until it's all 'gooey.' Add the paste or whatever results from Step #2 and add it to hot boiling water. Drink your medicine and see if it works.

8. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    It's all about your diet. Your body will feel better overall if you take proper care of it (this includes headaches). Focus on making your body more alkaline. Foods like meat, coffee and sugar make your body more acidic (this is when you can have a poor mood or develop headaches). Look into more alkaline promoting foods. Eat your way to optimal health.

9. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I suffer with a somewhat same problem. Whenever I watch tv, use mobile or laptop for more than an hour, my head starts paining severely, and that's almost every other day. I thank you all for your suggestions. I'l try out some and see if they work.

10. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Magnesium deficiency is another cause of headaches. I take something called Migrelief, which is a combination of feverfew, riboflavin and magnesium. This helps a lot on my headache days, and is all natural.