Any Subscribers To Amazon Kindle Unlimited?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by MissLibby • Jul 1, 2016.

1. MissLibby

MissLibbyMember

Threads:
    Does anyone subscribe to Amazon's Kindle Unlimited? I usually only read the free eBooks and right now I'm finding some very interesting reads in the public domain section. However, I've been contemplating signing up for Kindle Unlimited and was wanting some input from others who already subscribe to this service. Do you like it or is it not worth the money?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a subscriber, but I am also interested in being. When I found out about this I thought it was very interesting, even though I don't have a Kindle. My intention will be to put an app on my phone and read it from there. The price is really good to have unlimited access to e-books. I also don't know anyone who has it, so that is why am still hesitant. I'm sure it's good, because it's from Amazon. But I still would like to have a feedback from someone.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I normally just download free ebooks, there are alot you can find in torrent sites, some new released books can even be downloaded for free once I've downloaded them, i just sync them to my phone.

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems pretty expensive to me, and from what I have read about the Kindle Unlimited, you are not even owning the books for that price, you are just paying about $10 each month to be able to read the books, like from a library.
    Since you can read some of the more expensve books that way, it might be worth it to someone who sits and reads novels a lot and goes through books pretty fast.
    I like to read in the evenings when everything else is done; but I do not reead enough books to be worth paying that much just to borrow them. As was mentioned, there are a lot of free books available.

However, Amazon has two other book services that I do use, and really like.
    One is the Kindle lending Library.
    You have to have an actual Kindle for this, and then you can borrow up to one book per month free. Since I like to read some of the educational and also religious books that take a long time to read, and are expensive to buy, this works perfectly for me. You can take as long as you want to read the book; but you cannot get more than one per month.
    The other program that I like is called Kindle First, and they give you a selection each month, and you can choose one new book for free. You need Prime to do this; but do not have to actually own a Kindle, and just the Kindle app will work fine for this program.