Any way to get away from Comcast for internet when they're the only provider??

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by jtucci21 • Jan 14, 2014.

1. jtucci21

jtucci21Member

Threads:
    I'm either at a loss or just not looking hard enough. I'm trying to get away from Comcast as an internet provider because I loathe them, but I can't seem to find anyone else in my area (Philadelphia). Any recommendations? Is it possible to just have a phone line with Comcast and run internet through the phone line with someone else? Pardon my ignorance, this is my first time delving into this.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if you can have a phone line with Comcast while getting your Internet from another company.

I'm pretty sure you can get your Internet through a cable company -- then it will be ran through a cable line and not a phone line. But that won't work if you have Comcast as your cable provider, obviously.

You can get a hotspot through a cell phone company, but that doesn't work as well if you use Internet all over your house and stream things on your devices, etc.

Good luck. I know how frustrating it can be to be stuck with one company. I live in a small town in NC, and I know of at least three providers I can get Internet through, so you should have some options in Philly?