Anybody Remember Pudding Pops by Jello??

Discussion in Product Reviews started by AutumnFaith2012 • Sep 2, 2012.

1. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    Does anyone remember those amazing Pudding Pops that Jello put out in the 80s and 90s? Bill Cosby always did the commercials for them. The pudding pops were so good especially the banana flavor! Does anyone else remember these? What happened to them? Are they available anywhere??

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I remember them and I loved them. Sadly I don't think they've been on store shelves in almost 20 years :(

3. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    mmm Pudding Pops. I remember those as a kid. I liked them a lot. I liked the chocolate flavor the best. I did not realize that they are not around anymore. That is too bad.

4. jonateen

jonateenNew Member

Threads:
    I remember Bill Cosby milking that Jello pudding commercial back in the day. He'd say "It's the Jello pudding" or something like that. That's when the economy was good and people had the money to buy things they really didn't need. Now he is probably very old and most likely not thinking about Jello pudding. :D

5. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I forgot all about these. I barely remember the commercials except that Bill Cosby was in them. I used to like them a lot though when I was younger. I've never looked for them in the store, but haven't heard any advertisements or anything. I doubt that they are available any longer.

6. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I remember them also. I wouldn't call them a favorite. I can also assume most people felt this way or they would still be available. They were ok from time to time. But nit something I would call a go to snack.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    You can make your own.

Really, I think a lot of the boxes still even have the recipe on the back or the inside. Just make the pudding as normal and then freeze them in popsicle molds. You can have whatever flavor you want and they're delicious.

8. quitetenacious

quitetenaciousNew Member

Threads:
    I remember those commercials. I loved pudding pops! They were so delicious. I wish they were still around. Now I'm really craving them. I think I'm going to try going by the recipe on the box and making some.

9. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the jog down memory lane. I do remember those commercials, but I don't think we ever bought them. I have those popcycle trays and popcycle sticks, so it wouldn't really be that hard to make some. Thanks for the idea.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember the Jello pudding pop commercials. I didn't eat them though. I assumed they were still available, but I guess not. ;)

11. kalasin

kalasinMember

Threads:
    There are quite a few recipes all over Pinterest for these. It seems to be pudding, plus whipped cream, and then frozen into a popsicle. I guess the whipped cream is the secret?

12. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    i totally remember those. man why did they get rid of those! I don't think they've put out anything equivalent to them? They were tasty. Good ol' Bill Cosby.

13. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I loved those. I don't hear much about Jello anything anymore. I know Jello is still around but don't see commercials. My doctor was tying to recommend ways to get fluids in my sick toddler. He said try Jello. I had completely forgot about it. It was great to get some and make for my kids.

14. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    yeah i guess you don't see much anymore in regards to jello commercials. It's a shame, great product for kids.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember Jello pudding pops. I grew up poor so it was a big deal when my mom bought them. They don't make them anymore but I too have seen the recipe on Pinterest and want to take a crack at making my own.

16. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Can't seem to remember them, but they sure sound good. Seems as though you could make them as Jessie said.

17. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I remember them and they were so yummy!I have tried to make them and it's pretty easy, but they just don't taste the same. I loved the Bill Cosby commercials he was always so funny and I just loved him back in the day.