Anyone Dealing With Frost Issues?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by JoanMcWench • Apr 24, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    It's crazy over here. Got to the 60's today after being low 30's last night only to drop again to the low 30's. I'm super paranoid about my new garden being damaged. Especially the tomatoes. I've been covering them up at night but I was wondering if I should move some heat lamps around them as well. I have some UV ones.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have read that if you pile them up on one another and then cover them up it will help insulate them even better. It is actually in my 1971 Farmers book on my bookshelf, nothing that I read online. So I don't know if that is old or still good information but it made sense to me. The book did warn that it would ripen them up though. If they are read to be pulled you might think about canning them.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I had frost issues where I'm at. Let's just say that it was about 96 degrees out today in Southern California. In fact, I can guarantee that no frost has developed in the area in the past week. Frost can be pretty annoying and difficult to deal with, depending upon your resources, but you seem to be using the right tactics to fight back against it.