Anyone else have Amazon Prime?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by darren777 • Nov 17, 2012.

1. darren777

darren777Member

Threads:
    Bought an Amazon prime membership a while ago and have to say I am extremely satisfied with it.....I get free 2 day shipping on all my orders and it has aready paid for itself since I bought it!! I kind of miss going to the the store more often but amazon has saved me so much money it is incredible. I cant wait for them to start next day shipping grocery product which I heard is in the works, may never have to sop offline again.

2. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Yes same here. The only reason why I even tried out for Amazon Prime was because it had the two day free shipping. It didn't come in two days though! It came in one! :)

3. ryels

ryelsNew Member

Threads:
    I did the free trial and liked it, but I don't think I used it enough to real take full advantage of it. It really is a good deal if you order a lot of items online. I think I will have to give it a shot again. I've not heard anyone say they regretted it.

4. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I tried the free trial out a while back but to my surprise, I didn't use it as much as I expected. I definitely think it's a great service though if you're a heavy buyer (or impatient). If I get back into Amazon shopping like I used to, I'll probably end up buying a year.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I do and I love it, too! I also love that you can add 4 additional sub-accounts to your primary one that will all get full benefits of it as well. And with my kindle I have access to free ebooks and of course the amazon video content available to members :).

6. Joyce aka Nana

Joyce aka NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I got a free month when I bought my Kindle but I didn't use it that much so I didn't get the subscription. Now when they start the grocery thing I might consider it again. You also get free books to "borrow", movies and TV shows, and some other perks that I probably don't remember. I am going to look into the grocery thing though. We do order quite a bit from Amazon over a year's time but I don't think it takes very long for us to get the items. Thanks for the information.

7. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I usually use the Free Super Savings Shipping because I don't need things immediately if I'm ordering online. It would, of course, be nice to have it sooner. But, if I needed anything urgently or sooner, I'd just make a trip to the store. I considered using Amazon Prime for the shipping, but for the other perks (which Joyce aka Nana mentioned): borrowing Kindle books, streaming TV shows and movies, etc. But, I use my library to borrow Kindle books and I have premium cable and Netflix. So, in the end, the Amazon Prime cost was not worth it to me.

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon Prime, but I don't have it yet. I tried the month free trial, and would for sure have kept it, but the next month, Obama cut off my social security down to about $425, so I am barely scraping by at this point. As soon as I can afford it, I will definitely get Amazon Prime. You can save money on everything, and not have to drive anywhere to get it. Plus, I read a lot, and they have a whole bunch of ebooks that you can borrow for free. And there are all those free movies, besides. It actually costs less than we pay for Netflix, but I can pay that by the month, and you have to pay for a whole year of Prime at one time. If it was monthly, I would be getting it right now,too !

9. Tiara Murphy

Tiara MurphyNew Member

Threads:
    Amazon Prime is incredible! It truly does pay for itself and it's perfect for when I don't want to drive an hour to get something at a more specific store. I can order it on Amazon and expect it in 1-2 days. I have an active college email since I am a student and thus get my Prime for $39 a year, quite the steal! I recommend using an active college email for the student discount if you have one! :)

10. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    All of these posts have been helpful for me because I am still deciding whether I want to get one. I do order from Amazon a lot as well as buy books from them. I would enjoy Amazon Prime also because of the movies and TV shows you can watch. Prime combined with Netflix might actually convince me to drop our cable bill. The only thing I do not like (and really the only thing holding me back) is that a Prime membership must be paid in full up front. If they offered a monthly fee, I would jump on it! I am loyal to Amazon and feel like I would get a lot of use out of a Prime membership but I just can't justify that price all at once.

11. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    I think I have it free, since I'm a student, so I'm pretty sure I got a six month trial a while back...I haven't actually used it in quite some time however as I can't really had the money to go splurging out on new things from Amazon though. It's nice to have it if you're going to watch a ton of movies and shows off of it, but as for ordering...meh. Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind waiting a few extra days for my items, if it means I get the delivery for free.

12. ajally123

ajally123New Member

Threads:
    Here in the UK we get only a month free if we sign up for it with a university email :(. I also seem to have noticed that after your free trial it seems to reset after a couple of months? Anyone else have this or is this just something dodgy with my account haha.

13. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    Beyond just the free trials that Amazon offers, which are absolutely awesome, Prime is definitely worth its subscription fee. Beyond the free 2-day shipping, it also offers unlimited streaming of Prime music and Instant video as well as membership in the Kindle Lender's Library. All of these benefits definitely make it worth both the full subscription fee and discounted fee that it offers.

14. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I have an Amazon Prime account and only utilize the free shipping benefit. I love receiving my items within 2 days and not having to pay for shipping at the time of purchase (because it was already paid for), but I don't think I order enough eligible items for the cost of the membership to be worth it. When my membership expires I do not think I will renew.

15. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I have an Amazon Prime account and I really like it. Aside from the free shipping on orders of more than $35.00, I also stream TV shows, movies and music through their video and music players. I think it is totally worth the price. It will pay for itself in no time.

16. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I currently have Amazon Prime, but I probably won't renew once my subscription once it is over. I really don't order enough from Amazon to make the subscription worth having. I rarely use it to stream movies or to watch television. I prefer using Hulu and Netflix along with my Roku.

17. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    I'm actually pretty mad at Amazon for the way they tricked me into Prime at the moment. The way they layed it out it looked like it was a Netflix type deal where you could cancel and it only charged you by the month. Then I go to cancel after a month and find that no, you get charged $90+ after a year adn if you used the shipping even once then you are stuck with it. That sucks because I don't use it that much at all.

18. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't use Prime. I don't buy much online anyways. When I do, it's usually from e-bay and has free shipping, so I don't have much use for Prime. I'm not from the USA, so I can't even take advantage of the superfast free shipping, so it's definitely not worth it for me. Even though I'm a student, sadly. When Amazon introduces a deal like that in Europe, I will strongly consider buying membership. But until then, I'm sticking to E-bay.

19. Zikkled

ZikkledNew Member

Threads:
    My sister pays for the family's membership and I think it's really convenient! As a student you get six months free and then get a discount from the original price if you want to continue your membership.

20. iam911

iam911Member

Threads:
    Amazon Prime was so useful for me when I first moved into my new apartment. I was super unprepared for the move-in, and I bought everything two days before I moved in. It is awesome that you get free two day shipping for such a cheap rate. For me, it was $49 because I was a student. They also have the awesome thing where if you want regular shipping, you can get a $1 credit for videos. I really love Amazon as a company.