Anyone Else Having Problems With Chrome Lagging A Lot Lately?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by ohiotom76 • Oct 8, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For the past couple months or so, I've been running into issues with Chrome often times taking several minutes to load up a web page, if it loads it at all. It's frequently giving me warning messages that the page is taking too long to load, along with an option to kill it. This even happens when I open new tabs, which are set to Google as the default page.

This is especially true whenever I reboot my computer. Even after my internet connection has been established in my taskbar, and even though any of my other browsers can load up pages just fine, the very first time I launch Chrome after a reboot, it will literally take like 5 minutes or longer for it to open any web pages.

Anyone else having this problem?

I've been pretty diligent in running multiple virus scans as well as disabling all my extensions, but I am still having this issue.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Hmm, no, I haven't had anything like THAT.

There have been a couple times where Chrome has somewhat hung up on me....seemed to get frozen and wouldn't load a page, etc...but a simple refresh on the page or opening a new tab has always fixed it. I haven't had any overall browser problems like you seem to be having. :(

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OMG! I thought that I was the only person who this was happening to, to be honest. I recently wiped my laptop, because it was just not working the way that I had wanted it to. After that, I had to re-install everything, including Google Chrome. And when I first opened it up, it would hang, especially when I would type a url into the url bar and clicked enter. But if I typed into into the google search bar, it would load quickly strange, but annoying.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been having some problems on and off though I always just attributed it to my laptop being old. My Chrome usually takes a while before it loads the start screen with all my bookmarks and most visited sites, and also it takes a while whenever I try to type something into the title bar. Also, I've had a few instances of YouTube videos hanging up on me for no reason, wherein it makes a grating sound kind of like it is getting stuck on a certain while the rest of the video keeps playing.

5. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    Well sometimes it's not really viruses you have to worry about, sometimes it's in the hardware. I haven't been experiencing any lags or anything but I think it's because my computer is really up to speed because of maintenance and constant upgrades. It might be that your computer is running low on RAM or maybe your hard drive is just so clustered that it needs to be fragmented and cleaned up.

But as for Chrome itself, I'm not really having a problem but I do have those lags when I first start it up but after 5 seconds it's all ready to use.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not think I ever had any problem with my chrome till now. But I have heard a lot about this kinds of problems in different forums, hence, I belie you are not the only one having trouble with Chrome. I think it is one of those glitches which take quite a lot of time to be repaired in the main server.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've experienced the same thing with my Chrome, but only when there's a new version and I've failed to update my browser. Maybe this is what's happening with your Chrome. Try to uninstall and reinstall. See if it's still the functioning same. Maybe you can clean up your RAM or other drives or defrag your computer.

8. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If your Chrome browser is up to date, then there's something wrong with the drivers or hardware on your computer. It's highly unlikely that Chrome itself is the problem when updated and running without tons of extensions. Update your own devices drivers because drivers often have a few updates from the parent company each year. Otherwise, non-updated drivers can wreak havoc on a computer's performance.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently wiped my computer/laptop, because it was lagging at the start up. There was a black screen that took ages to get me to the login window, which was so annoying. The actual OS was beginning to lag too. I tried everything, and so I just decided to wipe it i the end. I had to update everything as far as drivers. I installed a fresh copy of chrome and it was lagging from there. I think I am up to date with all of my drivers though, and it is the latest copy of chrome so I don't understand why this is happening.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your PC is probably old and can't keep up. Chrome uses a lot of RAM. Not that the other web browsers don't, but I found that Chrome in particular seems to use the most..

11. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    There are sometimes where I can't load certain pages on Google Chrome. I do not know why it happens though.