Anyone Else Pig Out For Easter Sunday?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Apr 6, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally I am not a religious person, but the rest of my family is, particularly my parents, so they make a big deal about preparing a big meal for Easter Sunday, of which a large roasted ham is only a small part of a much larger meal.

I'm not gonna lie, I ate like a cow yesterday - not only did I make a huge breakfast, but I spent all afternoon snacking on all the components of our Easter feast as we were preparing them all - to the point where I was stuffed before we all sat at the table, and then still, I ate even more. Then later that evening, another ham sandwich with leftover sides.

That said, there was still a huge amount of ham left after I made that sandwich and now, I noticed it's all gone - so apparently everyone else in our household was shoveling it in even more than I was, lol.

Anyone else suffering from a food coma today?

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Usually the person making all the food is the person who gets the least of said food. That was my day. I'd say I fed about 20 to 30 people & we had a great time but I barely ate. Everything that touched my lips had been to taste not to sit & enjoy. However, I didn't have to do any dishes. That's my favourite part of being the cook. I hate cleaning up after myself. I am reckless in the kitchen.

3. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    While I'm not a religious person either, I do think times like easter and Christmas are about coming together as a family.

Usually of course, coming together as a family means eating and/or preparing a big meal, along with various other snacks and drinks. I don't think there's many people that don't over do it on occasions like these.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't do anything for Easter Sunday, coupled with the fact that I have £1.50 until my wages are paid Thursday there really was nothing that I could do. I pig out at Christmas though.

5. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm doing the complete opposite to a pig out as I'm doing a bit of a detox. I guess a detox is the sort of thing you're meant to do during lent but I always time it for the start of April. So no meat, dairy, alcohol, artificial sugars etc etc. It's definitely helping me feel better.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I didn't pig out at all. I just carried on the same way I normally do. It's very hard to do a proper pig out session in hot weather. I did try to give it a good go last night when we we went to a friend's for dinner. I think my stomach has shrunk; because the food was delicious, but I filled up pretty fast. Not that I'm complaining LOL