Anyone else try BillFLoat?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Farrah • Aug 23, 2012.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have Esurance for my car insurance. Problem is I only get paid once a month, so paying on my due date is usually easier said than done. I am always close to getting cancelled every month. This month it just so happens that my cancellation date is the day before I actually get paid. Ugh. I don't want to risk doing the check by phone and overdrawing my account. I saw this thing on Esurance's website called Bill Float. For a small fee, they will pay my bill, and I have 30 days to pay them back. I thought this was a great alternative. Since I 1) don't want to be cancelled and 2) Don't want to write a check knowing the money isn't there yet. The small feel is $12. Which I think is better than paying $35 and bad looks from the bank if I overdraw. Just wondering if anyone else has tried Bill Float and to make sure there were no problems.

2. LisaR

LisaRNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Farrah,
    I am Lisa, a BillFloat Customer Support representative and will be more than happy to help with any questions or concerns you may have about BillFloat. In the meantime, you are welcome to visit our Testimonials tab on Facebook and learn how other customers feel after using our service.

Don’t hesitate to e-mail me directly if you have any specific questions at [email protected] with the subject line, “Attn: Lisa”. I will be happy to help.

Best,
    Lisa R.
    BillFloat Customer Support
    [email protected]

3. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    i have to say that's impressive......a customer service rep answering back on here. Not bad.

4. kalasin

kalasinMember

Threads:
    That does seem like a good option if you have no other choice. I guess the other option would be to buckle down and pay 2 months at once, and then monthly, so that way you are always one month ahead. Do you ever have months where you don't pay? For example we pay 4 months on, 2 months off- keep paying at least one if not both of those months and you'll build yourself some wiggle room.

5. DrowningGirl

DrowningGirlMember

Threads:
    I never heard of this but its great to know about because we run into issues with paying bills late all the time. I haven't heard of this company so I can't say anything about whether it's legit or a good idea or not. Assuming it is I'd say go for it. I had my car insurance policy cancel on me without me realizing it once. It was cancelled for 8 days and when I discovered it I renewed immediately. Later that year I went to the DMV to renew my registration and they knew about my lapse in insurance and in order to get my new registration I had to pay a fine for each day it was cancelled. Here it was $11 per day, so I had to pay $88!! Not sure if it's the same for every state, but something to think about.

On another note, one plan for you with only getting paid once a month is that you suck it up one month and pay the bill twice in a row, then every month you just pay as soon as you get your paycheck and chances are you will always be early. I actually just had to do this myself because we were doing pretty much the same thing you were, paying at the last minute every month.

6. Aymes

AymesNew Member

Threads:
    'Tis a scam!

This thread is old, but my post is worth reading. This service is a complete scam. Quite literally, Billfloat is a white collared loan shark for major corporations. In my case, not only did Billfloat double charge my account (stealing $130), but the company is putting me through a run around about getting my refund and basically making ME prove to THEM that they took my money (having to send bank statements to get my refund). It's ironic how it only took Billfloat 2 days to take that money out of my account, yet it's going to ultimately take me about 3 weeks to a month to get my full refund. I will never recommend their service to anyone. Js...

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Pretty cool that a sales rep answered you so quick and is looking to help you right away. Apart from that it sounds like a pretty cool deal and it sounds like it'd be easier for you to keep up with your payments and pay on time so that you don't have to worry about getting canceled.

8. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Aymes Thanks for the heads up for all of us. Sometimes it really takes someone who's been there to paint a more realistic picture of what might happen and what you need to be mindful of. Is there anyway you can just call the company and ask if they can rework your due date even if you have to pay a bit extra? At least you won't have to go through this challenge every month.

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I think the fact that a rep answered back is pretty awesome however other reviews are proving that perhaps this isn't the best alternative. Is there anyway you can have them switch your date or perhaps save up a double payment on one months' check so that you always have that balance available for the next payment? I've done this with a few of my bills and its wonderful although sometimes it is a bit tight - I'd rather be a bit tight and on time then late and have to pay a set-up fee or cancellation fee. Good luck

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Is there any way to just change your due date each month? Did you ever contact the BillFloat rep who posted on the forum? Please let us know! I want to get esurance and this is some valuable information. Sounds like a good deal, but could be pricey if you do it often?

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    So in other words, it's not actually an Esurance service, but rather they have partnered with them to offer it on their site. I'm assuming Esurance is getting a kickback from them as well for listing them. I would check the costs relative to just using a credit card and paying the interest on it if that is an option to you. $12 sounds rather high depending on what your monthly payment is.