Anyone ever buy clothes from American Apparel?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MikeyPaine • Sep 13, 2014.

1. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I recently received an American Apparel hoodie, and I really like it. It's not hoodie weather where I am (yet), but I can't wait to wear it, it's really soft.

American Apparel is made in the USA (in California I believe), so it's fairly expensive, my hoodie cost about 50 dollars.

Anyone else have any AA clothing?

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I think their clothes are pretty over priced. I do like how bright their stores are though and it's fun to see all of the colors arranged in rainbows. I have a hoodie that I like but I probably wouldn't buy another one from them. If you like their stuff check out a brand called alternative apparel. It's a bit cheaper and they have more interesting color choices, I think. Their hoodies have a better inside lining and they're a bit thicker.

3. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely refuse to buy at American Apparel. Not only are their clothes of poor quality (gets worn down easily and doesn't last long), they have HORRIBLE work ethic and the way they treat their employees are terrible. If you don't believe me just google it real quick; there's a ton of scandals around American Apparel that completely turns me away from buying from them ever.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy from American Apparel due to their "politics." I can't support a company that treats their employees like crap and comes across as flat out not respecting women. Yes I think some of the stuff is cute but I have been able to find comparable clothing made by companies that seem to have some morals.