Anyone Have AT&T U-Verse?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by MrsR • Apr 30, 2013.

1. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    Does anyone have AT&T U-verse for their internet connection? I am going to cancel my landline telephone because I don't use it anymore and it's costing about $40.00 a month and that's just for basic stuff, no long distance. I currently have AT&T DSL and I called and asked about cancelling my phone and they said that without a landline I can't get the DLS anymore, but they have U-verse available. So I guess I will get that and I was wondering if anyone uses it and what you think of it. It's supposed to be better/faster than DSL, I don't know, I guess I'll find out.

2. Carlalexander

CarlalexanderMember

Threads:
    No I don't have any info on that, sorry mate for the troubles that AT&T U-verse has/is causing you :(

3. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I have AT&T U verse and it's been fine so far. I don't really find it much faster but that could be because I live in a really high density area. I used to have the DSL at my old address but apparently the new area I moved to is only served by U verse so I had to get it. The only other option was Comcast and I have heard horror stories about them so sticking to U verse. I only wish there was Google Fiber. That would have been the best option!

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have it and it isn't faster it's pretty much the same as dsl. The only thing is it messes up a lot first few weeks I had it I had problems left and right it's been 2 weeks since no problems so hopefully it stays like that. But the really fast u verse you can't get right away until you have been a customer for a year or longer than you have to pay to upgrade to the fast one so basically it's more for basic than even more for the faster one.

5. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    I have Comcast, use to have AT&T DSL but I had problems so I switched after many years with AT&T .. I think Comcast has the fastest Internet service.. my

shows 56.83 mbps download and 10.71 mbps upload speed. U-Verse is still relatively new and has a few bugs in it. I actually worked as a U-Verse technician for about 4 weeks and resigned because another job, working inside, which is what I'm accustomed to, came through..