Anyone here looking for to Windows 8?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Esperahol • Jun 12, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Considering the changes Microsoft is making to the Windows OS is anyone here really looking for to it? I mean they've taken away the media center and the start button. They've also made the desktop view look like a tablet and charging for the addition of features which in the past were included free. Personally I'm just going to stick with Windows 7 until I absolutely have to switch over.

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm going to stay with Windows 7 for now too (it's still quite new IMO) but might buy a Windows 8 ultrabook or tablet in the future, if my netbook ever dies :p

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I am not very impressed with windows lately at all. Windows 7 is pretty user friendly but I would like to use a completely different interface. I wish there were more options.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I plan on staying on Windows 7 for as long as I can. It sounds like 8 will be quite a bit different and I don't see it being what I need for an OS. I had planned on going to a Mac for my next OS but with them getting hit with viruses now, I am holding off on them now as well.

5. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I am already using Windows 8 Preview Release. I downloaded the Windows Customer Preview as soon as it was available. The metro interface is a bit different but not so bad as some people make it out to be. Just needs to get used to it, that's all. Now I am looking forward to getting the RTM version which is supposed to be out in July.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm not. I'm perfectly content with Windows 7 at this point and don't really care about upgrading any time soon. I can see Windows 8 being really good for portable devices and in that sense, it's good that they're coming out with another version. I don't have any interest in it for my own computer for now, though.

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Since mobile isn't something I really care about - Windows 8 isn't especially important.

8. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I like the new layout I'm tired of looking at the same set up every time they release a new OS. It's cool to see them taking risks and hopefully it will pay off. I'm going to get the Microsoft Surface, so I won't need to purchase Windows 8.

9. Imoverthere

ImoverthereMember

Threads:
    The Windows 8 looks very appealing, but I'm going to have to pass up on it until I really need to get a new computer, or if I somehow win one in a sweepstakes or contest!

10. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I installed the Windows 8 trial on my laptop, and it's better than I expected. They have two different user interfaces the desktop and a tablet menu. It feels completely different from the previous versions, but it's pretty easy to navigate. I like that they went with a less is more theme. There aren't all these icons on the desktop making it look cluttered. It very clean and the web browsing is fast. There are some bugs, but those are being ironed out as we speak. It's so much better than Windows 7 in my opinion. If you don't believe me just download it for yourself.

11. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    While I like a streamlined approach in my life, I prefer icons because they put my most frequently used programs at my fingertips. It isn't like there are many because I only have a few I really care about like that. And if being less cluttered with some fast web browsing is all then it doesn't present a different enough change to be worth switching over from 7.

12. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Windows 7 is slow compared to Windows 8. I have both systems running on my PC and the speed difference is very noticeable. They improved the video playback and everything is much faster. The screen looks less cluttered, and most of the functions are still there with the exception of some features. I like that you can switch between the two different styles of the OS. You should give it a try first before you make a decision.

13. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I am looking forward to Windows 8. I believe that Microsoft has done something right for a change and I expect Windows 8 to be a grand success. I have already downloaded the preview and I love the new metro interface.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really looking forward to Windows 8. I am looking forward to the new Surface Tablet which will probably have Windows 8. I'm currently using Windows XP and have no intention upgrading to Windows 7. Windows XP is very stable and I'm happy with it.

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I just got Windows 7 in October so I agree that it is relatively new and I want to upgrade only when I absolutely have to.

16. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    I've heard about it but I'm not planning to switch from Windows 7 anytime soon. Why? I expect a lot of bugs and problems when it is released. The same thing like what Windows 7 and Vista went through years ago. Until w8 becomes stable, I'll stick with my w7 for now.

17. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Eh, speed becomes much less important after a certain point and I don't care enough about video playback for it to matter. As I said before my interface is not especially cluttered and it works really well for me. So for me, until I have to upgrade it isn't going to happen.

18. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    I'll probably try it out first. 7 works fine for everything I do on my PC, so unless I prefer the interface (80% of the reason for a new OS for the average person anyway) I probably won't upgrade.

Price is also a factor.

19. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really, I know my way around windows to customize and configure things, I really don't feel like fishing around through a whole new UI. I'm also worried that there's gonna be a ton of compatibility issues with it out of the gate. It's like every other operating system they release is a disaster, then the next one is good. Vista was a mess, Windows 7 is good, 8 is on schedule to be the bad one, lol.

20. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I most certainly am not looking forward to it. I like Windows 7 as it is now and I intend to stay with it for as long as I possibly can. I don't like the look of the interface for 8 as a OS for desktop/laptop computers. On tablets it's fine, but I'm not exactly feeling it for desktops and such.

I hope Microsoft doesn't end up in a pattern of releasing a good OS, then a crappy one, and then finally another good one like they've been doing for XP, Vista, and 7 in their respective order.