Anyone Interested In Retro Video Games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by bargainbabe • Jul 27, 2015.

1. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    I saw some old threads on here about being stumped on where to get retro video games. The price listing seemed a little high to me. I recently got a Sega Game Gear from Gemu Games (I wasn't sure of the pronunciation at first but it's

) and I found myself playing with a girl at the bookstore lol. It might just be my new thing when I'm sitting bored. Is anyone else into retro games like this now? Let me know what games you are into and if there's anywhere to get good cheats, etc.

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    At our local boardwalk, they have a section where it's just all retro video games. Whenever my husband and I go we try to stop by at least once for nostalgia's sake. I prefer games like Pac Man but my husband loves Frogger. We also like to play tetris but sometimes that's hard to play when you have two people on the same machine with only one set of controls :p

If you have a boardwalk or arcade near you, definitely check it out!

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You can get all sorts of Sega, Nintendo, Atari and other games right on your PC for free. Just do a google search for the console of your choice plus the word "emulators" and you should find plenty of results. All you need is a good emulator to mimic the video game system, then just simply download the games themselves (usually available on the same sites you found the emulators on) which are shared as "rom" files.

The only thing you would really need to buy on your end, if you don't already have it, would be an older style video game controller. You can pick one of these up at a discount store for under $7.

It's a little tricky at first to get everything set up, but there's plenty of tutorials out there. For example, you will initially need to map the keys from your controller to what buttons they should represent on the console, such as the "A", "B" and "C" buttons, the Start buttons, Pause buttons, etc...