Anyone know what a Twinkie taste like??

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by S.L.Diamond • May 1, 2013.

1. S.L.Diamond

S.L.DiamondNew Member

Threads:
    Okay, so I live in the UK and like a lot of people around the world I watch a lot of American TV, which always seems to mention a twinkie. I mean in the movie Zombieland, one of the characters main goals was to find the elusive Twinkie. So by the time he found it, I was more than curious as to what it tasted like and the fact that they don't sell them over here only makes me want it more, lol.

So my question is, are they really that good or is it just a big marketing ploy lol. I hope not, the day I do finally taste it, only to be welcomed with disappointment, I may just have to look for the closest bridge to jump off of.

2. Rocky

RockyMember

Threads:
    I have never had a twinkie and I don't plan to. There is about 30 ingredients in a twinkie and most of them are semi poisonous chemicals. I am sue they taste "great" but I would not consider it to be food. This video explains how Twinkies are made.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Like magic and dreams... also a lot of chemicals to preserve it for a long time. It's just another sweet candy bar that it is kind of good, but isn't great for your health. I think i prefer my old favorite Mars!

4. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly have never touched a twinkie. I see everyone mention it, and how good it is but I feel they're just over exaggerating on how great it is.

5. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I've had them, but it was long ago and I don't remember what they taste like. I'm not a fan.

6. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    Twinkies are this really sweet cake shaped like a hot dog bin. The outside tastes like vanilla cake, only not as fluffy and the inside tastes like a cross between vanilla icing and whipped cream. It's basically fried bread on the outside. It's extremely sweet. People usually don't eat many at a time.

7. S.L.Diamond

S.L.DiamondNew Member

Threads:
    Hey, thanks for your reply. I will never give up on my quest to find the elusive twinkie! Lol. Still the youtube link you posted catch my curiosity. I'll give it a watch. :D

Haha! That's hilarious! There is a chemical that is poisonous in certain quantities, but the amount they use is okay!! Lol, that is utter madness!
    I can't believe they are allowed to do that, that really is disgusting. They really don't care about the consumer.
    Maybe I'll just taste one, lol. Just to satisfy my curiosity

8. S.L.Diamond

S.L.DiamondNew Member

Threads:
    Haha! Urban legend has it, they harvest the fluffy white centre from the very clouds themselves! I for one find that highly unlikely, I believe what my friend said about them harvesting the sweet white cream, from the blood of a thousand tooth fairies. Lol

9. S.L.Diamond

S.L.DiamondNew Member

Threads:
    Oh wow, thanks for your very detailed description. I can almost taste it, lol.
    We have this thing called Swiss Roll over here, you guys must have it, but anyways I was thinking, going by what you said it must taste quite similar to them.
    I may have to may do with that until I get my hands on a Twinkie.;)

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    zoeysmama2011 gave a pretty darn good description. I used to eat them when I was a kid. Twinkies weren't my favorite. Zingers and Ding Dongs were way better than Twinkies. I'm surprised I survived my childhood considering all the junk I ate as a child. ;)

You won't be able to eat a Twinkie though. Hostess, the company that makes them, went out of business. Some folks were selling the last remaining Twinkies for outrageous prices on eBay.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought they were going to be sold by another company or something? Did I hear wrong?
    To the OP, I bet you could find a million recipes on Twinkies while you wait.. I vaguely remember the taste, but I do know it would be very easy to duplicate.

12. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, right now the Twinkie is like an endanger species. Good luck finding any being sold on the market. I don't know if any other manufacturer will ever start creating them again. What I do know is that if they do there will be a huge demand for them. Why, because there maybe imitators out there created by other manufacturers, but none of these snack cakes seem to match the flavor of the Twinkie. I don't know if its the amount of cream that is used in them or the pound cake recipe itself, but the Twinkie has yet to be duplicated properly.

13. S.L.Diamond

S.L.DiamondNew Member

Threads:
    Yea she did give a good description. I even had a dream last night that I ate one, but it was too sweet, lol.
    Wait -what that hell did you say!! You mean I will never taste a Twinkie?! Never?!!! No, I don't believe you -I can't! I will not dream about tasting a Twinkie only to find out that I will never in my life, be able to have one! Nope your source is wrong and I don't want you to try to prove it otherwise, lol. One day I shall have my Twinkie!
    Why? Because like Dr Martin Luther King Jr. I had a dream, lol.

14. S.L.Diamond

S.L.DiamondNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you, some good news, lol. I think I will go with what you're saying, it sounds more hopeful.
    I cannot make a Twinkie myself, thats like saying we can recreate the smooth, creamy, deliciousness, that is Willy Wonka's chocolate bar, when only the Oompa Loompa's can create such fine work. :D
    It's not a job for us mere mortals, lol. No I want my Twinkie bar in the official wrapping! :eek:

15. S.L.Diamond

S.L.DiamondNew Member

Threads:
    What?! This is blasphemy! Begone with you, lol. If I struggle to find it on the market, there is always the black market, haha!:p
    I will not be deterred! :cool:

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They don't have twinkies over there? I can't believe so many people have never had one that's crazy but it's pretty good tasting it's another sweet just fill your sweet tooth you have to try one

17. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    A Twinkie is no different than any other sweets such as Honey Buns, Cinnamon Buns, Oreo Cookies, and other pastries that are packed with artificial sweeteners. If you're not consuming Twinkies on a daily basis, and eating them say, one or two every couple of months, it's not going to kill you. Those who act like eating one Twinkie is going to lead directly to your death, I'm sure you have other eating habits that are not that healthy, especially those of you who might happen to be 30 to 50 pounds over weight.. So leave the Twinkie alone, it's not bothering you. As a matter of fact, all this talk about a Twinkie, I think I'll have one; I'm making a special trip to Publix specifically for a Twinkie ... Anyone else want one?

18. cmilliken

cmillikenMember

Threads:
    Twinkies are good, but they are not as good as they are made out to be. Just picture a giant marshmallow filled with cream. Nothing special.

19. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dude! You're obsessed with Twinkies. Perhaps the Twinkie will return and you will be able to have your dream fulfilled.

Good luck.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL.. don't give them so much credit. They made zillions off a simple to make piece of cake and icing. Get angry man! lol. I kid.. good luck.

#20May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013