Anyone Know Where To Get Chinchillas?

Discussion in Pets started by danealegana • May 16, 2013.

1. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Chinchillas are exotic animals which are very cute.
    They look like a hamster and has the softest fur on the planet.

I am planning to get one at home but I dont know where to get a certified seller?
    I also want to know how the process works to get one.
    Thank you very much!

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Have you contacted your local SPCA? You might be able to get a rescue for next to nothing. I like searching Craigslist as well, but some people could be creepy breeders looking to turn a quick buck. I like to call around local pet shops as well. They might know of some people selling some.

3. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    i knew one place for this you have to visit

for get your fav pet.hope you can find your fav one

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I had the same thought as Steph84, look into rescue centers. You may not have one local but perhaps there may be one that is within a day trip distance. Other shelters will even work with you on shipping it to you at very little cost. Another idea is to do some online research for websites for chinchilla owners/support groups. Not only will these websites give you a good idea of care and feeding needs, they may also have adoption or breeder links that you can check out.

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised they don't sell them at a standard pet shop. I wonder do they test some of these exotic animals for certain diseases that can be brought into this country?

6. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    You can use Google to search for certified sellers, but first you should check state laws regarding exotic pets and the requirements to keep them. I wouldn't trust anyone who wasn't licensed to breed and sell them, as that's how you end up with creatures that have health problems amongst other negative traits.