Anyone Purchasing A Denim Vest?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Miaka_M • May 24, 2016.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I said VEST and no JACKET, why? Because yours truly is hunting for a denim vest. I purchased a couple dresses for $8 each at a closing sale at a store by me and I've been thinking to get a denim jacket that I could wear with them (and other dresses as well of course). But then, the weather keeps getting horribly hot lately, so a vest would definitely work out better in my opinion.

I've researched some brands that I would be interested in (and can afford) such as Garage, Gap, and Hollister. I looked into Levis and nothing caught my eye.

Does anyone have experience with purchasing denim vests? What are the things that one should look for in order to decide if it is worth buying?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually have two denim vests. They're not branded but they're cool and have great designs. If I were to buy a branded denim vest, however, I'd probably go to Forever 21, Oxygen and Gap. Some of the best denim products can be found at these stores. Of course, I can't guarantee the price would match my budget but who knows, maybe there'd be a sale.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like denim vests and always find some at the thrift shop like Saver's too. It takes some time looking for them, but it's worth the look for the price is so right at thrift shops. Sometimes you can find new things at thrift shops too!

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a huge fan of wearing Denin at the upper part, just because I like jeans so much. I haven't been wearing them so much because I have gained quite some weight and none of mine fit me right now (sad, I know)! But I usually live in jeans, and I don't really like The Denin on Denin look, so I don't wear it for my top. I don't think I own a single Denning shirt, blouse, jacket or vest.

5. cyclistbabe

cyclistbabeNew Member

Threads:
    Oooo, denim vests are so cute with sundresses in the summer. If you're buying in person, make sure the denim is the right texture you're comfortable with, because there's nothing worse than hard denim rubbing your skin raw! Also make sure none of the buttons are loose because that's a sign of poor quality or a defective item. But those are no-brainers, so other than that, the shape of the vest is really all you have to look out for.

It really depends on how long you think you'll want to keep the item, because you can buy a fairly expensive one that won't wear out and you'll have it for years. Denim vests haven't gone out of style for decades now. But if you aren't sure you'll get much use out of it, just get a cheaper one!

. Plus Express always has high quality denim.

Hope this helps!