Anyone shop at Trader Joes?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Kaybee517 • Dec 1, 2012.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Hello there. I'm making an effort to eat more healthy foods without preservatives and added junk. I've heard a great place to get great produce and healthier foods is Trader Joes. I've heard they have good prices too. Does anyone here shop there? What's your experience been? Do you like their products?

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I really love trader joe's! It's definitely good for what you say you're wanting, however I do have to counter whoever mentioned the 'great prices'. Some of their prices are alright at best, but they can be on the pricey side. I really think it's worth it most of the time for the quality of what you're getting, though. Just something to think about.

3. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I've never personally shopped at Trader Joe's, but my good friend does. I've tasted some of the food, and it wasn't bad. I don't live near a Trader Joe's anymore, so I couldn't shop there even if I wanted to.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been shopping at Trader Joe's for many many years. It's my primary grocery store. I think their prices are great for the quality and value that you get. Their vegetables and fruit are excellent. They have both organic and regular produce. Most of the produce is prepackaged.

They have excellent baked good. Be careful and watch the dates on the bread and baked good. There's not a lot of preservatives and other crap in them so they will go bad soon after the expiration date.The have a great selection of frozen foods too. They carry a large selection of nuts, seed and trail mixes. Their supplements are high quality.

The deli area has a nice section of ready made salads, sandwiches and sushi. They are perfect for a quick lunch. I could go on and on.

#4Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. sweethoney

sweethoneyNew Member

Threads:
    I shop there on occasion. It's about a 30 minute drive for me to get to one. I do not buy produce there because I can buy organic at my local grocer for cheaper. I like some of their meat selections, not overly priced like some of the competitors who offer the same quality. Their black bean and corn salsa in the refrigerated section is my all time favorite salsa. I also buy some frozen food, boxed goods and juice.

If I lived closer I would make a weekly trip there, but right now it's once a month or less.