Anyone Tried The Bowflex Select Tech Dumbbells?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by dillydally • Feb 8, 2015.

1. dillydally

dillydallyNew Member

Threads:
    I recently bought the Bowflex select tech Dumbbells and now am wondering if I should have got the heavier set. I got the ones that go to 50lbs mainly for for doing BodyBeast workouts at home. If you have these, what do you think of them? Did you "outgrow" the 50lbs? If so how long did it take? I'm a woman by the way and only been lifting a few months.

2. Brink916

Brink916New Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on your fitness goals and current body weight / strength level. What are the main dumbbell movements for BodyBeast? If there's any type of horizontal presses "bench, incline, decline) you will probably want a heavier set. But if its limited to curls, rows, and shoulder presses I think that as a female 50 lbs would do the job. But as I said earlier, it depends a lot on your weight, current strength level, and fitness goals whether that be gaining muscle and strength, or increasing cardio and losing fat.

3. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    Personally, I've always wanted to try those myself. I do know they have ones that go past the 50lbs range now. But I mainly wanted those for the convenience of it. It's a great space saver to have dumbells that can vary weights rather than having a giant rack to house a long range of weights.