Anyone use this childcare website?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Mayvin • Aug 8, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Wondered if anyone has used this site to look for a nanny? I have had my reservations about using this site now especially after reading this article. I wonder if it would be safer finding a nanny through a more well established reputable agency.

#1Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually used to have a profile on that site when I was looking for work as a housekeeper. I deleted it a while ago. Honestly, the site encourages people to have background checks but doesn't require it, so you have to be careful who you hire to watch your kids and maybe only look at the profiles where the person has passed a background check.

3. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used the site, but do know a few that work for the company. I would agree with ACSAPA, it might be a good idea to only use those caregivers that have passed a background check. On the other hand, my preference is to always use someone I know well to watch my children. Generally, there is nothing major we need to do that we can't find either a family member or a close friend to watch our kids for.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I'd prefer to actually meet with anyone I'm leaving my kid(s) with prior to the actual engagement. As such these kinds of sites aren't really my cup of tea. That said most of the folks on there are going to be fine - it's just there are always some nuts about. If you're already whiffy about the site then this is another reason to be wary. Just don't let the news totally alter your stance, because news channels run on negative and the like.

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I just wonder about how thorough the background checks are to be honest that are provided on their site. That's why its important to do your own background check and interview really well the person who would be taking care of your child.