Anyone who loves Korean cosmetics?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maryannballeras • Nov 11, 2014.

1. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I'm not a Korean (I wish I am), but I love using Korean cosmetics and beauty products. I think they just look more natural to the skin and it's appears less "cakey," if I must say. I also love the fact that they package their products in such a very cute and girly way. Does anyone of you love Korean cosmetics as well as much as I do?

2. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never used Korean cosmetic, mostly because it is readily available over here. The description you have given over here seems to be quite good. Hence I would love to know where did you exactly find the Korean cosmetic. Do you prefer to buy it online or offline?

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Korean cosmetics are fine, and I know plenty of people that prefer them to some of the brands you'll find in America or other similar countries. I'd have to agree that it does look more natural than a lot of other options out there. It's usually priced pretty well, too, and I actually live nearby plenty of places that sell these items. I don't use them myself, being a male, though.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never knew that Korean cosmetic products are distinctive in any way. I don't use much make-up in general, so I guess I never really paid much attention to whether they are available in my region. I find that several organic cosmetic lines, such as Bare Minerals and Afterglow, feel and look quite natural. But I am always happy to try out new things. :)

5. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Being half Korean, I've used Korean products most of my life. I love it. 90% of it is made from all natural products and seems to work better then most. I just wish they were not so pricey!

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I love The Face Shop and Etude House. I do not buy their cosmetics, but I do buy their other products like shampoo, facial wash, and hair treatments. They smell really good, and they make my face and hair look amazing. It's just sad that they are somehow very expensive here in my country. So, when I buy one, I really use it as many times as possible.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also love cosmetics from the Far East, Korean ones included. They just seem so much better formulated and luxurious. I'm a real girlie girl, and I really appreciate the amount of effort they put into packaging. I've swapped over to using natural sunscreen as opposed to chemical onesand it appears Korean beauty houses make them in abundance. I actually have a couple of amazing Korean online beauty stores with countless fab stuff going for very reasonable prices. I like this face shimmer from Etude House. I only wish they'd venture into Black makeup :(

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Korean cosmetic products especially those from Etude House and Clio. I'm Asian so Korean products blend well with my skin type and do not cause me allergies. Moreover, aside from being relatively affordable, Korean cosmetics are very innovative. They try to explore bright colors and are not heavy laced with chemicals. They're about the only easily accessible stores that offer double eyelid tapes. I have chinky eyes so I need those tapes to expand my lids. American cosmetic companies aren't very keen on selling lid tapes.

9. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I think that it's more of a fad, there's really no need to buy particular brands especially if they're highly overpriced. Buying some mid-range cosmetics of whatever brand you fancy, be it Korean or whatever would be much better. Also it's best to stick with a single cosmetic that you like since different cosmetics might interact with each other in unwanted ways.

10. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I want to use Korean products, but the color range and accessibility are a challenge. So, as a result, I don't purchase them. Overall, I am 'alright' with this reality except in regards to BB and CC cream. From personal testimonies on Youtube to beauty sites, I hear that Koreans have the best BB and CC cream products on the market. They make the wearer's skin glow.

Example . . .
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgaR5wDkoYmv4ENu9braMdDwI0Lp3fjgJIuDdff66U_s-CK_Jwjw.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to Korean make up products I have only ever tried a couple BB creams, but I wasn't lucky with them because they were very light, and very pink toned. My skin is closer to a yellow tone so those looked very unnatural on my face. I also still don't understand very much what BB creams are for. However, whenever I see Korean beauty stores I always love the look of them. I just never get around to trying any other stuff.

12. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't even know that there was a Korean makeup line. What are some specific brands to look for? I would love to check out these products.