Anyone with experience with PayPal's Resolution Center in solving disputes?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by stagsonline • Oct 31, 2014.

1. stagsonline

stagsonlineNew Member

Threads:
    I recently made a mistake of sending a few hundred dollars to the wrong Paypal email. I have tried contacting the person who received the money to no avail but a friend of mine told me that I could use PayPal's Resolution Center to solve the issue. I was also informed that as days pass, the chances of getting my money back through PayPal's help become slim. Has anyone ever experienced this type of issue before? I would love to hear from you and get some insights on how to go about it.

2. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    All you have to do is either put it as a error or list it as a unauthorized "charge". The way to get things moving faster is to actually call them to escalate it. Doing that can get it resolved in less than a week.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I think you have 30 or 45 days to dispute a transaction. I know of a few people who have made the same mistake you did. One got his money back but I'm not sure about the other. Did you send it as goods/services? If so, you should be able to get it back. If it was sent as a friend/family payment it might be more difficult.

I haven't ever dealt with this situation but I have had luck with their resolution center in general. They usually respond to me in a couple of days.

Good luck!

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You should have filed the dispute immediately. Whether you'll get your money back or not depends entirely on whether the person you sent the money to uses Paypal regularly or not. If that person isn't the kind [of person] who constantly receives or sends money through their paypal account then chances of recovering your money are slim.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You should email or call PayPal's resolution center to revoke the mistakenly sent dollars posthaste before things get out of hand. The last time I contacted the resolution center was when I enrolled my bank account that unfortunately doesn't accept PayPal transfers (the local bank told me they're not yet accepting PayPal after I raised the issue with them). PayPal sent me a refund for the fees they charged during the installment process within 24 hours.

6. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    This rule does more harm than good. I understand if you get some item that is not what you wanted and need a refund but if you send money to a family or friend it should be open and shut. You should not be able to get that money back. 30-45 days lmao its more like 60 I heard which is why people are so unwilling to accept payment by paypal when I buy items directly through them rather than some large company like Ebay. They always ask do you have something other than PayPal.

#6Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Payment protection through PayPal generally only applies to purchases made rather than payments sent to another person for a different reason. You'll get 45 days to make a dispute, and chances are you might lose. It's not the other person's fault that you entered the wrong email address, even though it was an error that they should theoretically understand. I don't like your chances of getting the money back, and since you haven't updated us, I'm assuming you didn't get it back.

8. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    I have sent money to the wrong person but I would not have realized it had they not emailed me asking me what I sent the money for! It was a donation to help a dog that needed medical care, so i was very grateful the person whom it was accidently sent to did inform me. I have never used the resolution center but this link may be helpful to you, although I suggest calling them right away rather than trying to figure it yourself or by way of email.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see that this thread was started last Nov. 2014, so I'm also wondering what happened to the money? Was it recovered or lost? I have only tried to file for a refund once, and the Ebay seller gave me my money back, so Paypal didn't really intervene. I guess since you didn't update this thread anymore, then everything is ok and you already got your money back?

10. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I have had to call Paypal's resolution center several time in the past few months. I have made payments from my bank. I receive payment from Microtasks or Microjobs. However, I never see those payments properly posted. It has taken weeks for the money that one of those jobs paid to finally post onto my account. For example, Quick Rewards will send an email stating that the money was sent to my Paypal account; however, Paypal may not post that money onto my account for at least three weeks.

11. stagsonline

stagsonlineNew Member

Threads:
    I actually filed a dispute regarding the issue which was then escalated to a claim. I can clearly say that despite my doubts about the issue being resolved, PayPal eventually helped me get back my money from the wrong email I had sent the money to. This has made me trust them more, especially after my experience with the Resolution center.

12. lopezmramon

lopezmramonNew Member

Threads:
    They're very quick to respond and usually fix issues. I've contacted them about 3 times, all succesfully in resolving my problems. I would recommend to call them -- you can do this for free through skype with no issue. Just remember you need to have their website up, since they'll ask for a one time code the website gives you and you only.

13. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    You can never rely on PayPal's resolution center. I suggest contacting them through phone, or send them a message through their Twitter account. I've had a problem before about not being able to receive my funds to my local bank. I sent PayPal a message on Twitter and they replied to my concern immediately, probably around 24 hours.

14. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I've only ever had to use the PayPal resolution centre once and I have to say I have mixed views on it.

While they were pretty fast in responding to my dispute it took them weeks to actually do anything about it. It took numerous emails and phone calls to actually get my money back, the standard response I was getting was that they're investigating the dispute. That's all they kept saying until I was on the phone to them for nearly 30 minutes, only then did they refund the money.

I don't know why it took so long to be honest, I don't know how busy they are or if they thought I'd just give up.

15. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    I have with an ebay purchase and thought they were extremely good with dealing with my claim. They are fast and efficient and get it sorted without you having to do all that much. Top marks from me

16. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    I'm so sorry about what happened to you. I have not experienced problems with them, thankfully. I hope the person who received your money would be convicted in his heart to return the money.

17. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal resolution center is good. However, you've to escalate the issue as soon as possible. There is a timeframe to it, as previous posters suggested. If the person who received your money has had a bank account linked to his Paypal account, then PayPal will charge him back on your behalf. If he withdrew all the money from his bank and closed his account, his bank can still charge him back. No one can wrongly claim any money that is not rightfully his. However, it all depends on local laws.

On your front, you've to act immediately.

18. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    Yes, I have had several problems with merchants through Paypal. However, I have never sent funds to anyone through them. I can say I have also been very bless to use the Resolution Center. You go to the Paypal website, and under Resolution Center you inform them of the issue you are experiencing. Paypal is very good with intervening with trying to solve the problem. I am truly glad you were able to get your funds back. I have been with Paypal for many years now.