Apart From Amazon And Ebay, What Online Stores Do You Shop In If You Want To Buy Gadgets?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by sidney • Mar 8, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is there a reputable shop for cellphones and smartphones aside from eBay and Amazon? I tried to google some stores, but I have seen some complaints about them, so I figured I would just ask the people here in this forum for their personal recommendations on which store to shop in. Have you shopped at a reputable electronics store besides Ebay and Amazon? If yes, which sites are those?

2. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Best Buy.com, Walmart.com, Circuitcity.com, and Target.com. I do not trust any of the other sites such as Newegg.com. So i wouldn't invest any of my money in them. I choose to stay with the most trusted sites.

3. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I do a lot of online shopping at the websites of common brick and mortar stores like Walmart.com, Target.com and even Bestbuy.com

However, I've also had a lot of luck with TigerDirect.com and also NewEgg.com Their shipping time and rates are usually reasonable and their prices are better than the websites of the large brick and mortar stores.

4. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I love buying gadgets from newegg. I have bought a lot of stuff over the years from newegg and I have to say that their quality of service is at par with amazon. Whenever, I am in the market to buy a new gadget, I try to compare prices with these two sites. Newegg used to sell only computer components but has moved into the mainstream gadgets market.

5. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    Newegg is a very good one. You can get some nice deals and so far I have only had good experiences buying from there. It's usually my third option after Amazon and Ebay though. I usually check those stores first and then go to Newegg and check.

6. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    In addition to the brands already mentioned, I would add overstock. com, accepting payments in euros, something that ease my mind to calculate how many dollars I have to pay for a gadget.
    As any other serious retailer, you will come across clearance items and hot discounts;), shipping usually takes up to 7 days.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't usually buy gadgets on eBay, I do use Amazon sometimes but my go to place Best Buy. I bought my last laptop in there and it was the cheapest place I could find it, plus the salesperson that helped me was so nice and informative. They have so much variety there, and they also have a really good reputation. And for me the best part about it is that you can go and buy it in the store instead of ordering online and waiting and paying for shipping. Also, if your gadget breaks you can just take it up to the store instead of shipping it back.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard of newegg before, but they don't ship to my country, so I can't purchase from that site. I'm just wondering why you don't trust that site? Because so far, I have read only positive reviews about newegg, and you can also see other people recommending them on my thread.

9. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I usually buy from BestBuy.com. It is so easy because if something does go wrong then I can easily take it back to the store and not have to worry about shipping. I bought two laptops from them for Christmas presents this last year and so far they are working great. I love there "compare" feature on the site and also you can check if they have the item in stock at your local store. I also love the ship to store option so I don't have to pay for shipping. I even bought a sewing machine from there website, something they don't sell in the stores. I have never been disappointed with them.

10. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    Luckily for you, BestBuy is nearby;) In Europe, things are more complicated, naturally there are major retailers in each country, but their politics have to improved. For example, when my tablet was down and I wanted to return it to the store, since the warranty didn`t expire, a representative refused, saying it has to be shipped to the headquarters of the manufacturer in Romania and then wait for an answer. All I ever wanted was refund or discount for a new one

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If that's the case, then that's quite a hassle then. I think that they wanted you to ship your tablet to the headquarters because they will still test and use the tablet to determine if they will replace it or they will just fix it depending on the malfunctioning part.