App Check?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Diane_H • Jun 16, 2015.

1. Diane_H

Diane_HNew Member

Threads:
    Just out of curiosity, aside from the google appstore/iTunes appstore, where else do you go to check on the reliability and legitimacy of apps before you install them?

I'm in the process of researching a number of freelance opportunities to review in my blog and have found a number of authoritative sources that I can use, but where do you go to check the scam/spam/virus potential pitfalls of apps?

2. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I google the crap out of them. Simple answer. ;)
    For real, though, I will google and then make sure I click at least ten of the search results that aren't "promoting" it but simply reviewing or mentioning it to see what people's actual experiences have been with it or if it's actually legit and worth my time or if it's going to crash my device, steal my (lack of) money, take over my (lack of) credit or give me viruses and ruin my life. LOL

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am going to have to second SarahWorksAtHome. I also Google the crap out of any application that strikes me as suspicious. A lot of them don't though, which also leads to more Googling from me, because some of the permissions that these apps require in order for you to be able to use them are a bit iffy. I will take what I find on Google over the reviews of an app any day.