App Craze: What apps were actually relevant?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by BlacKnight1090 • Apr 28, 2014.

1. BlacKnight1090

BlacKnight1090Member

Threads:
    I saw a thread today that gave me an idea to make this one. Anyone who has social media accounts and at least a smartphone will understand we have had periods in recent years where that ONE app just dominated most app stores (and your social sites....). I mean you couldn't call your friend without them asking "Hey, did you play xxxx yet? It's sooooo fun!" or you logged into your FB or Instagram account and saw many screenshots of the next hot things.Just floods of attention left and right. Which of these over-hyped apps were actually more than just hype? By that, I mean what about the apps gave it longevity? It doesn't have to be a game.

The only three I actually still liked long after the uproar would be Friends With Words, Candy Crush, and 4 Pics 1 Word. I downloaded them to my tab and enjoyed them a lot. Granted I don't play these apps anymore, if I ever need something to play, I will go back to them. Cut The Rope was also interesting.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The only one that I found mildly amusing was Temple Run. Most of these games that make it to high popularity with the masses are just usually too simple for me to enjoy, as I much prefer a bit more layers in my games. I do still get addicted to simple games, though, and I definitely still can see why they gain so much attention and popularity, but that happens very rarely for me. Temple Run was good, though, but I kind of made a conscious effort not to get into it too much so I wouldn't waste too much time on it.