Apple Cider Vinegar (with The Mother) For Acne Solution

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Lovely Babe • Nov 25, 2015.

1. Lovely Babe

Lovely BabeNew Member

Threads:
    Hey, there!
    So basically, I was once suffered from acne for years. As you know, it's really frustrating to have that kind of condition because it can really give ugliness not only to your physical appearance but to the whole of your personality aspects as well. Because of that, I became desperate to search online what are the possible remedy for it.
    Then, I heard a lot of positive reviews about this "Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother)" product as acne solution. So, I bought one bottle online and follow the instructions on how to effectively use it (it's to simply put the same amount of water as with the vinegar and apply it to your face with a cotton every night and every after taking a bath in the morning). I, then, excitedly use it with so much hope that this could be the answer to my prayer.
    After two weeks of using it, I started to notice some blackheads and whiteheads appearing on my nose and forehead. I didn't get easily discouraged about it and I just thought that this maybe the first reaction of my skin then will just disappear soon. So, I continued using it for a month and a half, but the blackheads and whiteheads just got worse and so my acne. So, I decided to stop using it because I couldn't see its effectiveness.
    After two weeks of not using it anymore, those black and whiteheads completely gone though the acne is still there but it's better than it was. I'm not saying that the product has no good effect at all but maybe it's just not for me and doesn't fit on my skin type. To some people, it gives a positive effect but not to all maybe because it really depends on how your skin reacts.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I think you can use apple cider vinegar as an astringent and a toner. You can also use it to remove skin tags, I am sorry it didn't work for you, but other people do say it is effective for a variety of things. Maybe you can use it in the future. It might work well for you.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do think it's better to drink apple cider than to use it as an alternative acne remover. It's a more effective detoxifier (because it's rich in anti-oxidants and alkaline). Using it as an external acne remover won't make much of a difference since it wasn't designed that way in the first place. Also, I'd like to add that acne problems are more internal than external. So if you want to get rid of acne, eat healthy and lessen the toxins in your body.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I know of apple cider vinegar cocktail is good to lower LDL cholesterol and very good to detox. Just 12 drops of cider vinegar added to ice cold water will stop bad coughs too. I never heard of cider vinegar for acne. Maybe it's better to see a dermatologist for your skin problem. Good site for safe information is webmd.com/. Good luck for a healthier skin.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think Apple cider vinegar is very good for lots of things and it can help you lose weight as well, I like this product. It is one of the things that I think you can use successfully. It is one of the options that you can use for a variety of things and it is inexpensive as well. I say go apple cider vinegar. It can helpful with a variety of things.

6. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    I have used and still occasionally use Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother. Particularly I use the Braggs brand. I have never used it as an astringent so I don't know how well it works. I do drink it diluted in water and on salads. There are so many health benefits to be had from ingesting it.

7. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    Interesting! I did not know that and will keep it in mind for the next time one of the kiddies develops a cough. My 9 year old daughter had a horrible, persistent cough a few weeks ago and nothing helped. I wish I would have known about this little ACV trick then, I sure would have used it! What ended up helping her the most was herbal tea with local honey and cinnamon added to it.

Anyway, back on subject, LOL. I've used ACV in the past to try and lose weight. I could never stick with it, though, because the smell and taste was so unpleasant to me. I've heard of using it as a toner, but could never go through with it. I couldn't imagine having that smell on my face all day. :oops:

8. Lupa06

Lupa06New Member

Threads:
    Apple Cider Vinegar has many benefits besides helping with maintaining acne. Some say to add it to water and lemon and drink daily for weight loss management. This being said I believe like any home remedy one should proceed with caution. Each of our make up is different, it is all based on our bodies acidity levels and PH balance. Therefore, what may work for some may not work for you.

I know for myself, using apple cider vinegar on my skin as a toner did not work. It over dried my skin causing flaky red patches...not pretty. However, my friend had great success.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is the downside of buying herbal and other organic products as remedy for ailments, whether for skin or internal. They have no approved therapeutic claims to mean use at your own risk. And like any medication, they may or may not work for you so you have to be careful with those products. Worse, they are not really cheap and sometimes they even cost more expensive than the branded ones.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry to hear that apple cider vinegar didn't work for you, but I would like to suggest another product and that would be Panoxyl Acnegel, it dries out pimples overnight, and it can be bought over the counter, so you ought to buy it and see for yourself how effective it is.

11. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I love to use the Braggs apple cider vinegar. I have some off brand apple cider vinegar in the kitchen. It doesn't even have the "mother" in it. I was using it as part of my hair routine. I was watching some YouTube videos about pH and hair and how some people rinse their hair with vinegar and water mixed. Of course I don't leave the vinegar in my hair, I do rinse whatever is left. I got rid of my acne by not drinking dairy. I do love the taste of apple cider vinegar. Then again I do love vinegar and salt chips like the Pringles.

12. notlyingdown

notlyingdownNew Member

Threads:
    I've read about and am thinking about using apple cider vinegar on an actinic keratosis on the tip of my nose. It is very small and almost impossible to find with the naked eye. The dermatologist wants to freeze it, but I've read that could leave a white spot. Does using apple cider vinegar leave any skin discolorations?

13. XLS

XLSMember

Threads:

ACV has so many awesome benefits. I don't know why I didn't think to use this on my face as I already use it to cleanse my hair. For my face I like to use St. Ives scrub but find that although I love how clean my face feels it also remains dry. Lately I have been using baking soda. Try mixing it with brown sugar ( or honey for lightening) and milk.

Alternative medicine can be costly if your buying it in its processed form. Im into holistic healing and I find that yes it may be more expensive in the beginning but in the long term can save you lots of money and your body from heavy metals which are extracted from pharmaceutical drugs.

#13Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
  14. valedevento

valedeventoNew Member

Threads:
    I love apple cider vinegar! I use it on my face occasionally, but it seems to make my skin really dry. I prefer to use it as a hair rinse and to clean the house. When I burnt my finger while cooking, I put some ACV on it, and after a couple of hours the pain was gone. A few days later it was healed!
    Another good idea for your face is to use raw honey.

15. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi @Lovely Babe@Lovely Babe! :) I can very well relate to your frustration of wanting so much to get rid of your acne. It has also been my problem for a couple of years after I gave birth to my kid. I never had any problem with acne before except for the occasional zits that come out before my monthly period. I've tried all sorts of remedy that I could research on except the apple cider but I still wasn't able to get rid of my acne as well. Then I tried to finally stop all the experiments I was doing with my skin just to get the acne out. I returned to my old skin routine of washing my face with an anti-acne facial scrub, using astringent and moisturizing my skin. The acne's are now gone although the monthly breakouts still occur but it's my normal cycle so I'm happy I was able to get rid of those red bumps all over my face. :)

16. elguz

elguzNew Member

Threads:
    I have been suffering from acne as well, and just like you I have also tried various products to treat my acne. I think it is very coincidental that I found this topic because I was actually considering giving apple cider vinegar a try to treat my acne. I have encountered on some video blogs on youtube that ACV is very useful in treating various skin problems. I have learned that it has organic acids that can effectively kill bacteria causing the acne, and with overtime use, it can also remove or fade off acne scars. For its other use, it can also remove varicose veins. However, based on the blogs and articles I have come across with, ACV is not mixed with water alone. Some add honey, sugar, or rice powder (i am not totally sure about rice powder) and it is usually used as a mask. I am quite uncertain regarding this, but do you think the ingredients and preparations could have given a different result? Thanks.

17. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lovely Babe.....I had something similar with ACV! I heard so many people raving about how good it is for uneven skin tone, and decided to give it a try since I have a few stubborn brown marks left behind by acne. First of all, it really irritated my skin, no matter how much I diluted it with water, it stung! When I looked at the cotton pad, it didn't seem to me that it was removing all the grime off my face as it could. Then I also noticed that my skin seemed to be getting darker?! Not quite the look I was going for, so I dropped it. It must work for some, but not others; I suppose as with everything else!

18. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I use apple cider vinegar for almost everything. I works great as an anti stringent for rashes. I find it soothes my skin. Also I use it in my hair every once in a while to rinse the build up out. It's great to soak your feet in to help remove dead skin too. I've heard of people using it on their face to help with acne. I personally have never done it but there's no doubt it would work to help balance the ph levels.

19. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I do notreally know, do not get me wrong, but a lot of people have told me that if you use any kind of vinegar on your face skin you could get stains on it and well, it's going to be bad for your face and also for yourself. I do not really know how good the apple vinegar is, but I should have to try it, that's my opinion though.

20. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read somewhere that ACV is just as effective taken orally. Apparently, administered this way, it tackles all manner of conditions including uneven skin tone, overall skin health and weight loss!! I really don't know how true this is, but I reckon I haven't really got much to lose. I hate the taste, but I hear it's ok to dilute it with equal parts water. So I think this is the route I'll be trying next.