Apple discontinues the classic Ipod. Did you own one? What do you think?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by pennylane • Sep 11, 2014.

1. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:

I've had every iteration of ipod that has been released: ipod, ipod classic, ipod mini, ipod touch, the shuffle...still, I think it's sort of sad they're retiring the classic. They're great if you need a lot of storage. My first ipod was a 2nd gen of the original. Super heavy, white...and I carried it everywhere :)

Do you have one? do you care about the news?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not surprised because I heard some time ago that they weren't making very much off of this product line. Now that they are discontinuing it, though, I'm getting a strong urge to get one just for kicks because I do like it's design. I think the color and material of the recent iPods are great and I even wish they would apply the same structure for their phones.

3. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I think if you need a MP3 player that offers excellent audio quality and storage, the iPod classic was probably the best out of them all. I think the iPod Classic had the best sound quality even compared to the iPod touch. I think Apple should have discontinued the Nano/Shuffle as I thought they were kinda pointless for the price that they are sold at.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well it's apparent since most people don't really use music players anymore because they much rather use their phone for convenience. I'm not a fan of the iPod Classic but I do love the other versions of the iPod. It's a shame Apple didn't update the iPod line this year.

5. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I think the most surprising thing is that the iPod classic hadn't been discontinued long ago. I had one when they were first available, but like most people I've realized that I don't need to carry that much music around at one time on a device that can't do anything else. Synchronizing to your smartphone now is such a breeze that it just doesn't make sense to carry a secondary device just for music.

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I msiread this as discontinuing the entire iPod line then. I had an iPod touch, that was it. I think it is a shame, but there are several other alternatives.

7. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had an iPod. My kids have been wanting one but there's never been the extra money to get one. I hope the whole line doesn't discontinue but if it does, there are other alternatives. I'd love to get my kids one.

8. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    I still have my old iPod nano. It was beautifully portable. Nowadays I just put my music on my iPad so I won't have to charge multiple devices, but it's way too big to lug around and sometimes I feel like digging out my old iPod. I'm just too lazy haha

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, its bound to be discontinued, after all, it's been 13 years already since it was released. All types of gadgets are phased out after some time, so it just died a natural death. I never really owned an iPod since my phone also serves as my mp3 player.