Apple will release an iPhone 5S?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Apr 13, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems like Apple would again release another S and this time it would be the iPhone 5S. Remember that the iPhone 4S was never really that much of an improvement over the iPhone 4. What about the iPhone 5S? What would it bring to the table? I hear that it would have fingerprint scanning technology. Would you ditch the iPhone 5 for the iPhone 5?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am sure apple will be realising many products for many years to come and this company is very smart about the fact that they hype up their products because by the point they are in stock people just lose all control and stand in lines that circle around blocks for the new release. To be honest I am sure that there is going to be a tiny improvement in this phone and I am sure that wont buy it. My phone works perfectly well and I am more than happy with it so I see no point in buying the newest version unless it comes free with a plan(haha).

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    It would be the smartess choice to them, knowing the market around them. Slim it down, put it at a higher price again, and everyone will buy the new fancy Iphone.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I think Samsung and the other companies are doing it too. But unlike Apple, they disguise their smartphones and other gadgets by giving other names to them. Samsung has a lot of names under its Galaxy series. You have the Galaxy S, the Galaxy Grand, the Galaxy Note, the Galaxy Ace, the Galaxy Mega, that it's hard to keep up. I think Apple is slowly getting there too. And they're starting by putting an S to their devices.

5. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I still have the iPhone 4s and I don't even have the plan on upgrading it anymore. It's a waste of money when the use of my phone is to just really call and text. I decided to not go with the flow on upgrading. I'd rather spend the money to travel.

6. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I don't doubt that they would put out another model. Their new models have very few changes from the previous ones, but fingerprint scanning technology would be pretty cool. I don't see how much more they can put into the iPhone, aside from a slimmer model and a few tweaks here and there. I'll buy a new iPhone when they have some kind of holographic technology or something along those lines. xD

7. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I will upgrade eventually, but only once my phone is dead. I currently have the 4s and I won't upgrade for upgrading sake.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not really that surprised that they're doing this, but maybe just a bit since I don't think the iPhone 5 has even been around long enough. Maybe there were some features in it that didn't live up to expectations, and that's why they are releasing an upgraded version? I don't know but I think I'm pretty content with my 4S, it's the perfect size and has all the features I need. I don't know why people are still buying into these expensive new models that only have minor upgrades.

9. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    As long as there are people out there that will gladly change their 4S or 5 for the most recent version, even if it has little to no changes, Apple will continue to make a new iPhone in an almost yearly basis. So, an iPhone 5S is very likely to appear soon! I don't know when will it stop, but it doesn't seem like it's any time soon.

They want to compete with Samsung and companies like HTC or Sony but, I think, they can't continue to rely on the Apple name as a selling point, so, I expect them to really put some effort on their next mobile products!