Applebees, Chili's, Ruby TUesday's, etc.

Discussion in Food & Drink started by SEA81 • Jul 10, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Okay, of these restaurants that all fall into this category (and I'm sure I forgot some), what is your favorite? What do you think has the best deals?

Some of them offer 2 meals and an appetizer for $20, but is there a better deal than that out there??

(I'm hungry, can you tell? Trying to decide where to get take-out for dinner!)

2. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I love the Ruby Tuesday's salad bar but I think you can't beat Chili's for the drinks and appetizers. It really depends- all are good.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Strangely, we don't have a whole lot of these around, haha! Or at least if we do, I've never noticed them. I'm partial to Applebee's only because there is one in walking distance from my house. We have a Ruby Tuesday's, but it's pretty far away. I don't think we have a Chili's at all (or at least I've never seen one). We also have a Red Lobster and an Olive Garden, but Applebee's is definitely the winner for me.

Unless you're including Dallas BBQ, haha!

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I would say go with Chili's or Applebees they have such large appetizers that you can save by just picking a couple of those and maybe sharing them.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I will have to go with Ruby Tuesday, I love the salad bar and the ribs are the best.

6. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    A better deal is to go to a locally owned restaurant or even make your own at home. The food of all of those restaurants is terrible over priced chain food that is horrible for you. There are usually quite a few reasonably priced locally owned restaurant that have great food. I recommend seeking one of those out.

7. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    Of the 3 of these, I eat at Ruby Tuesdays the most. I love their salad bar. Plus we would receive coupons in the mail sometimes buy one get one free. Now I'm signed up for their rewards program through email. They will send coupons like this one or a free hamburger meal around your birthday. I don't care for hamburgers but we use it sometimes if someone in the family wants this meal and I will get another one.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I love when restaurants give you things on your birthday! Mine is coming up in a couple of months... I think I'm going to see how many free meals and/or drinks I can get.

9. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Applebee's for drinks and half-off appetizers but Ruby Tuesday for the food and salad bar. They have some of the best burgers out there, for sure.

10. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only one of these that I even go to anymore is Ruby Tuesdays, and I just love to go out to eat there ! Usually, I only order one of the delightful hamburgers, plus the salad bar, and often I end up taking the burger home with me for a snack later or lunch the next day.
    I tried Chili's once, and the food was terrible and the prices way too high for the food that they served us. I had a nacho platter, and it had about a half dozen little nacho chips that had cheese, chili and sour cream on each one of them. That was the whole meal.
    Last time we even thought about going there !

My daughter has taken me to Macaroni Grill, and I think that they have great food ! They bring you homemade bread and olive oil for dipping it in as an appetizer while you are waiting for your salad.
    If they were not clear across town from where we live; I would definitely go to Macaroni Grill a lot more often.