Appliance Bulbs

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Diane Lane • Jun 20, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think much about appliance bulbs, because the lights in the fridge come on automatically when the door is opened. Recently, one of them burned out, and since I don't go to the store all that frequently, I didn't replace it right away. I looked around on eBay to see what they were selling for, because I thought if I bought one on there it might actually arrive before I went to the store, but the prices seemed pretty high for a little bulb, especially when shipping was added.

I happened to be running an errand yesterday, and stopped at Dollar Tree in my once monthly visit, and turned down the wrong aisle. There in front of me were appliance bulbs, and they were $1.00, of course, since it was Dollar Tree, so I got one. I don't know how long it will last, but it'll be a good test to see, and at just a dollar, I could replace it another 3 times for what I'd have paid for one on eBay.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When our fridge's bulb went kaput, we had not light in there for several months. It seems that no hardware was selling those kind of bulb. Fortunately there was a small hardware store that offered a replacement. Not really the exact brand and model but the same size. That's working pretty well until now.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not every store carries them, that's why I was excited to find them at Dollar Tree. I sure didn't want to make a special trip to a store just for one tiny bulb, but I'm glad I know where to go to get them in the future. I go there at least once a month, so I tend to keep a running list of what I know they carry that I'll be needing, and just pick it up on that one trip.