Appliances Promo - Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Corzhens • Apr 21, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's summer time again and the electric fans are having the promo of buy 2 and get 1 free. But if you need just 1 electric fan, what would you do with the other 2? Last year we bought that promo since we needed 2 electric fans. We gave away the excess 1 as a raffle prize in the Christmas party. Now we need 1 electric fan (for the dining room) and the extra 2 will be used as - gifts for a wedding and donation to a nursing home.

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'd probably keep the extras as spares or give them to friends or family that needed them. I think it's important to make the most of those sorts of promos, but if you only need one I'd only buy one in this case as you're having to spend money to give away some of that money which defeats the object of participating in the promotion in my opinion.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Depends on how long I expect the fans to be working. If it'll be a few years before I need a replacement [and I don't need two fans] then I wouldn't buy the fan unless I probably want to gift one to someone who I know needs it. One must be wary of such deals because instead of saving you could be spending money that you probably shouldn't.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If it were me I'd probably just keep the other ones as backup. There's always some place I can put more fans because it gets so hot here and also I'm actually not that great at maintaining and cleaning my electronics so I'm sure I will eventually just break one fan early on and if I have backups at home I wouldn't have to go out and buy new ones again when they do. I have enough storage space to make this work so I'm not too worried about that aspect, but I agree that it's great to give it to charity if you can afford it.

5. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I don't normally buy into those promos because if you're going to assess the pricing, it's like you're actually buying three pieces of those instead of just two. It's also their way of getting rid of old stocks of products that haven't been bought in a while. Sometimes old stocks tend to break down sooner than new ones though. That would really look like they're not worth your money.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I live in a tropical country where fans can't really be too much. Most of the year, if you don't have a fan in your room or you don't have air conditioning, which may incur huge electricity costs, you will not have a good night sleep. Therefore, a deal like this, if the seller is trying to get rid of old stock, would be welcomed because the extra fan would come in handy as a spare if any of the current fans should malfunction.