Appropriate Pregnancy Exercises?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by ExpertAdvice • Jun 8, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever had someone ask you, "What exercises should a pregnant person do?"

Well, believe it or not, I have! lol.

My sister got pregnant the other day, and of course, since then, she's been "buzzing" with questions for me (because obviously, I must be a pregnancy expert of some kind, lol).

Well anyway, her latest question for me (Dr. Pregnancy) has been what kind of exercises I think would be safe and suitable for someone who has just gotten pregnant, along with the various stages/trimesters of pregnancy which follow.

In all honesty, it's a fair question, because I can see where she's coming from, in that she doesn't want to cause any undue stress/damage to the baby, and also wants to keep healthy, and of course you know, there's the whole thing about "keeping away the baby weight" that tends to follow the delivery.

So, for my moms and those who've been around moms out there, lol...

My question for you is: What exercises do you think would be appropriate for a woman to do during pregnancy?

It would prove really helpful for me (Dr. Pregnancy), lol.

6993354536_4fc10d050e_o_d.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    If she is currently exercising regularly and has been for some time, she should be able to continue what she is doing until her body tells her it's time to modify to accommodate her changing shape. I don't think there's must risk as long as she does not push herself to exhaustion. I have a friend who is a horse trainer that continued her work right through her pregnancy. She actually had a difficult delivery but because she was so strong and fit was able to push the baby out even though he was not positioned quite right.