Apps That Extend Battery Life

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Spudfyre • Aug 25, 2012.

1. Spudfyre

SpudfyreNew Member

Threads:
    Has anyone found any Apps that are great in extending battery life on their cell phone?

I use two free apps from the same company and have found they significantly extend my HTC One X battery life from a day or less, to several days. The Apps are called Easy Task Killer and Easy Battery Saver. Both have some pre-set setting that make setup quick and easy. I just use the default setup and have had no issues with either App. Both work well, primarily killing other Apps not being utilized that are draining the battery.

I'd like to hear what others have been using.

2. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    I use Android Task Killer on my phone to kill background apps. However, the biggest improvements to battery life that I've found are a result of lowering the brightness on my screen and turning off things like GPS and syncing if I'm not using them. I'm going to look into that Easy Battery Saver one though!

3. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I didn't even know there were apps like that. I agree with Alaska, though, turning down the screen brightness and Bluetooth does most for my battery life. Unless I am out in full sun, my screen stays pretty dim.

4. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the info. I guess this apps also exist in istore, how long did the battery life last after installing the apps?

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just to let you know, there has been a huge debate going on when Android was first released, and the most of the developers/ROM "hackers" agreed that using task killers is usually not a good idea on an Android device, becaue of the way it handles killing of idle apps itself. Apparently there should be little to no advatage battery life, or memory-wise, with quite a few possible drawbacks..

But more to the topic, I was using JuiceDefender in the past, but as I started to use my phone less and less, I have found myself without need for one of these apps. You shuld check it out though, and see if you like it, it's free on Android Marketplace.

6. kalasin

kalasinMember

Threads:
    I used to use ATK on my Android and didn't notice much improvement. I DID notice how may apps were designed to run the background and turned themselves back on after I ATK'd them off. That bothered me a lot.

7. guardgold

guardgoldNew Member

Threads:
    i liked it :D

8. Jaxter

JaxterNew Member

Threads:
    I've been using Snap Dragon Guru lately and it seems to do the trick for me in extending my battery life. It's a free application which is a bonus. It basically configures the refresh rate for your apps and other programs so depending on how much you use the app, it will know whether it needs a lot of attention in having it run in the background.

When you download the app, it will actually take 48 hours to learn how you use your phone so it can fit your needs better. You should check it out when you get the chance.

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use battery saving apps because IMO, they don't really improve the battery life. If you want to extend your battery life, just adjust the brightness of your phone to low levels, avoid using live wallpapers, switch off wifi and bluetooth and GPS, and close all active applications and games. The battery of my Note 2 normally lasts a day when heavily used. I charge it every night. I have no problems with that.

10. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Juice Defender is one of the best battery utility app that is available in the market, for FREE. Even there is a paid version, the free one is already more than enough. This app helped me in saving a lot of that juice especially when it comes to data service, internet, and bluetooth. I, most of the time, forget to turn them off and Juice Defender does the trick.

Go ahead an try it. You can always remove it if you don't like it. :)

11. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used one of those apps because I always manually did everything in my phone to save the battery life.
    I noticed that clicking on the brightness level down can really help as well as having the phone turn off after 1 minute of no using. Over the course of a day it really adds up.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

When I had my android phone I use to use task killer and it worked great for my phone. My phone could go all day without having to put on the charger and stay charged. Task killer was my favorite I never tried anything else with it I just used it by itself but it still worked great.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never used such apps yet, but I will try the apps suggested here when I acquire an Android phone again. I could definitely make use of the extra battery life.

14. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I have no idea there are apps that extends phone battery life? I'm using an iPhone and what i do to prolong the battery life is i'd lower the screen brightness and basically have my settings to minimal battery use. Any idea on what app there is to extend battery life on iPhones?

15. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    The issue of battery life has been quite tricky. After downloading some apps I often suspect that the battery life would be affected, but not in such a way that they might prolong it. It's rarely the case with new apps.

I'm unaware of any apps that can be downloaded to extend battery life. Can't say I have any ideas either. Whereas any app might easily be the cause of a shortened battery life, I absolutely have no idea how to identify apps that make batteries last longer. Especially if I have not downloaded them yet. :confused:

16. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:
    I scoured the market for a good app and most of the apps I tried were absolute crap, the only exception being

. Depending on the hardware, it can do lots of things, from small gains to absolute miracles. There's a version for IOS too, but I didn't try it, I'm using Android on all my devices. But I did try it on two different devices, the first being my day to day phone, and it managed to squeeze to quite some battery power, but but on my other Android, a Galaxy Tablet, well it did absolute wonders. It almost doubled my battery life, with some small adjustments from me. It does require ROOT tho for best results.

17. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Did you guys seriously dreg up a post that hadn't been responded to after a year and four months? Battery saving apps don't work - plain and simple. In fact, a number of them are closer to malware for smartphones than an actual app. You could just as easily root your smartphone and customize its settings to boost your battery life by hours. If you set most of the backgrounds to black, then your device will use far less juice while the screen is on. Battery apps do nothing except put even more strain on your device's battery. It's as simple as that.

18. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not think these apps are actually good enough. They might extend the battery life but I do think they actually help to slow down your mobile. I have experienced this myself and I believe that it is really sad. Hence I stopped using these apps.

19. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, even battery extending apps consume space and energy, so it's understandable that some people think it's just a waste of time downloading them. Still, it's better to have one than not at all. You can really see a difference though buying a new battery would make a difference too. I use the apps Battery Doctor and Clean Master to save my battery. The former kills apps with the option to convert to supersaving mode, while the latter frees up space in your memory.

20. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have any apps that do this because I don't think they are necessary. If I want to save on battery then I just dim the brightness of the screen down and I find that helps with keeping my battery life afloat significantly. I also try and see if there are any other tips I can find online such as turning off animations or something similar but for the most part just dimming the screen is enough for me.