Apps To Order Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by AngelicDevilTel • Feb 7, 2015.

1. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever used an app to order food; whether it be fast food or at a sit down restaurant?

I used the Taco Bell app a few weeks back and it was pretty awesome; just ordered my food, paid through the app and it was ready when I got there, pretty Neat.
    I know other places have apps as well but the Taco Bell one is the only one I have used so far.

2. LAGuy

LAGuyMember

Threads:
    I've used the Pizza Hut app to try to order food... It's such a pain that I usually end up getting onto my computer and ordering from there

3. vivivivicky

vivivivickyNew Member

Threads:
    I am not sure where you live, but Seamless is absolutely wonderful! It lets you order from local (and non-chain) restaurants in your area. You can search by cuisine, delivery, prices etc though you are definitely limited by what is in your immediate area or neighborhood. Also they typically have a coupon or discount code when you sign up (not that there is any fee or anything) which is handy when placing a large order.

4. hopecoss

hopecossNew Member

Threads:

I’m not sure if PostMates is available anywhere but I recently used their app service and it was amazing! I love Chipotle but as everyone knows – they do not deliver! PostMates is an app that send their staff to the restaurant of your choice and delivers it to your doorstep! Depending on how far the restaurant is it can be pricey but it is pretty reasonable considering I get Chipotle delivered…TO MY DOORSTEP!

5. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    That's pretty sweet. I had thought about getting the grubhub one but the places on there for where I live don't even deliver or take online orders. It would be a waste.

6. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried using food ordering apps, but every time I try, it tells me that there is no one near me that I can order from. I technically live in the "middle of nowhere" since there is very little big box chains, and mostly all small business. :cool:

7. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Can't say I've used an app for ordering food yet. The places I tend to eat at are all small locally owned restaurants. Occasionally I will find them on my cell phone and order ahead if in a hurry, but that's about my limit in using today's technology for ordering food. I rather doubt I ever will use an app for that.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    GrubHub is a great app in my area. However, I think it kind of depends on where you are. There's not a real 'across the globe' style restaurant organizing system. It seems specific to areas (as it should be). I'm speaking for a large city so I can only imagine how frustrated I would be if I were in a small town looking to order from a lot of options.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I may have tried the Taco Bell app on my phone briefly, and forgotten about it, because one time I went through their drive through months after I had installed their app, and the employee addressed me by my first name, which freaked me out, so I took it off my phone. I only installed it months prior because they had some promotion where you could win an XBox.

I'm a little unclear though what the advantages of it are. If I go through a drive through and place an order they are making my order right then and there. If I place my order through my phone, then they are making my order before I get there which means it's sitting around indefinitely until I arrive, no? I could see if maybe they had a separate lane for people who already ordered and paid, but even then, I wouldn't want to place my order through my phone until just before I pulled in.

How exactly does it work with Taco Bell? Where do you go to pick up your order? I suppose one other advantage of ordering and paying through your phone is to avoid employees ripping you off. I've encountered this several times at McDonalds where they were ringing up combo meals as separate items so they could charge me more for my order.

10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer to use zomato than anything else. It was totally cool and allows you to choose from variety of restaurants. I believe this app is global and can be totally cool. It also provides reviews for each restaurant which is quite helpful. I think it is totally worth it.