Arby's & the Conflict between Service & Correctness

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mythman • Apr 2, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's a 'long walk to Arby's from my apartment' (a little over a mile ... isn't a mile '4 times around the football-field'?), so I was a little tired when I got in. I think that's part of the reason I use coupons---so I can pretty-much just 'caveman' my order (proffering the coupon with an "uh-uh-uh") while I catch my breath.

But this last time I came in with a coupon for a $5 'combo' (the sandwich in the coupon doesn't usually come in a combo, but the coupon "included" the fries-&-a-drink), I mis-spoke the name of the sandwich---making it sound like I wanted 'two' (in fact, the one sandwich IS two 'little sandwiches').

When I saw the $8.30 on the register, I thought o` you guys: "What would the Don't Pay Full folks think if I let $5 + 8.25% tax come out to that?" So I guess I should thank you, because without You I probably would've just shut up & paid the $2.92 extra :cool: )

So I guess I also wanna ask: Should cash-register workers pay more attention to the 'written order' (coupon) than to 'what the orderer says'?

(P.S. in the keywords, I put 'coupon code' :D I'm thinking of 'code' as in "The Pirate's Code (The Code of the Brethren)," though I know they mean 'coupon code' as something like 'an extra string of numbers in the URL' :p )